starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road to Dream

Default Road to Dream

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    A new program demands a new thread. My old thread is this one: http://startingstrength.com/resource...ead.php?t=9500

Stats

Height: 5'10[unfortunately, all that lifting didn't make me taller ]
    Weight: 220lbs[But i got strong ]

Current 1RM

Squat 233lbs
    Deadlift 277lbs
    Bench 190lbs
    Press 145lbs

Also i'm commemorating 6 months of uninterrupted lifting, only 6 more to complete my first year of training without stops!

16/03/10

Press - 5 with 88lbs
    5 with 100lbs
    8 with 110lbs

Assisted Dips - 5x10

Assisted Chin-ups - 4x10

felt my left shoulder hurting(read infraspinatus), damn it right on the first day. The first sets of dips required some prior stretching after that the shoulder got better.

17/03/10

Deadlift - 5 with 185lbs
    5 with 198lbs
    18 with 209lbs

Back Extension - 5x12 Did 15 reps on the first set

Hanging Leg Raise - 5 x 12 did the last set only 7 reps because i've tried to do with the leg straight instead of tucked in, next workout gonna try only with legs straight

Got impressed with the number of reps pulled on the deadlift, almost puked doing those, took several breaths to pull the last ones, even thought i was going to pass out.

edit: Maybe i did mistake my 1RM on the deadlift? The day i tested the deadlift i was kinda of sore and didn't have any belt hadn't eat properly and chalk, maybe i'm answering my own question? a little help here, please?
    Last edited by kaisermetal; 03-18-2010 at 01:03 AM.

btw i'm on body recomp right now, fuel your car style(i made that name, it's just that i focus ALL my carbs on pre and post training meals or shakes) , i don't eat carb on non-training days or at least try to keep it under 30g

I've thrown my scale away and i'm only focusing on gaining/maintaining lifts poundages and measures trough tape.

Last time i checked my bodyfat i was around 222lbs with 25% bf.
    My waist was around 43

I always measure my waist on saturday, i'm already feeling fatloss, because i can finally use my belt again.

Along with the WeightLifting i'm doing MMA training almost all days, with 2 sessions of sprint per week, and if i'm bored i'll do a light cardio session if it doesn't affect my recovery.

I take sunday as the full recovery days(that means PLAIN REST, not any kind of heavy exercise)

I'm also allowing around 4/5 cheat meals per week, normally i eat all day on saturday that's my most difficult day(read SQUAT DAY), because i plain suck at squatting.

Also i'm living my dream, i train full time, and i'll be moving to Japan for one year to study and fight.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisermetal View Post
    btw i'm on body recomp right now, fuel your car style(i made that name, it's just that i focus ALL my carbs on pre and post training meals or shakes) , i don't eat carb on non-training days or at least try to keep it under 30g

I've thrown my scale away and i'm only focusing on gaining/maintaining lifts poundages and measures trough tape.

Last time i checked my bodyfat i was around 222lbs with 25% bf.
    My waist was around 43

I always measure my waist on saturday, i'm already feeling fatloss, because i can finally use my belt again.

Along with the WeightLifting i'm doing MMA training almost all days, with 2 sessions of sprint per week, and if i'm bored i'll do a light cardio session if it doesn't affect my recovery.

I take sunday as the full recovery days(that means PLAIN REST, not any kind of heavy exercise)

I'm also allowing around 4/5 cheat meals per week, normally i eat all day on saturday that's my most difficult day(read SQUAT DAY?, because i plain suck at squatting.

Also i'm living my dream, i train full time, and i'll be moving to Japan for one year to study and fight.
    Wow, that is bad ass being able to just focus on training. I myself (and probably alot of others here) am envious of your situation. Good luck with your fight game man.

19/03/10

Bench Press - 5 with 128
    5 with 136
    13 with 143lbs

DB Chest Press - 40lbs 5x15

Kroc Rows - 66lbs 23 reps

20/03/10

Squat - 5 with 155lbs
    5 with 167lbs
    6 with 176lbs

Leg Press 264lbs 5x15

Leg Curl 15lbs 5x10

I'm definitely not used to squat with lot of reps. I bet my hamstrings are gonna be sore as hell tomorrow

Weight at 215lbs
    waist at 42.9

Holy fuck i weighted myself, just for curiosity, after eating in a all you can eat sushi, and i'm back to 222lbs hahahaha

starting strength coach development program
    23/03/10

Press - 3 with 92lbs
    3 with 106lbs
    7 with 120lbs

Assisted Dips - 5x15

Assisted Chin-ups - 4x10

Thought my biceps was going to blow up from all that chins

Very solid workout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast