starting strength gym

Thread: Seminars

Default Seminars

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Why are the seminars so expensive? What is all included to be so much? I done the math and it you have 20 clients that = $16000.00. All I can tell that Rip is charging $33 per hr.

It seems you've left some things out of your math.

You've neglected to consider the costs of putting on the seminar (the 5 staff needed for your example are expensive to pay, transport, feed and house and the venue also requires payment for services), time outside the seminar (prep and revisions, grading), taxes (something you have to be self-employed to appreciate the whole of) and insurance.

Use your imagination as the above is not anywhere near comprehensive, and opportunity costs even aren't considered at all.

But you do know that "expensive" isn't equal to cost and cost isn't equal to value, right?

You have to make that sort of decision on your own.

If you're feeling lucky you could always find your way to WFAC, pay the $8 day rate and hope you get your money's worth.

Sorry, I missed the question in the middle. If you follow the link to the seminar description, you'll see what's included. If you have specific questions beyond this, please ask.

I wonder what you think a more reasonable price would be?

If you did some research you would find that the SSS is less expensive and better taught than the others on the market. Just my opinion, of course...

to quote stacey in the melbourne recap:

"“Is it worth it?” It is. Whether your desire is to improve your lifting or learn to become a better coach, there is no better seminar out there. I’ve taken a number of “personal trainer” certifications over the years, and I’ve learned more from Rip’s seminars than from any of those. This, folks, is how it’s done. Come ready to question and to learn.

Instruction like this deserves your support."

couldn't agree more. i haven't taken pt certs, but i've taken several in a few different fields, local and national, and the sss is by far the best with regard to cost/benefit. and i flew down from ak, so it wasn't exactly cheap and easy. like stef said above, you have to make the decision on your own, but to me it was money well spent.

i was expecting a lot of information, but this exceeded my expectations. and if the lecture wasn't enough, the platform work with all the coaches and other participants helped reinforce it. also, from tom c's recap i expected some, um, direct coaching from juli and the rest, and i wasn't disappointed they all had different styles but i felt that all were effective. also, they were all more than happy to take the time to answer any other questions that popped up..

anyway, hats off to rip and the crew. top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by OMG View Post
    Why are the seminars so expensive? What is all included to be so much? I done the math and it you have 20 clients that = $16000.00. All I can tell that Rip is charging $33 per hr.
    I didn't read anyone else's response. I just have to say, that's a damn bargain.

I haven't gone to noe, but, Compare the value of these seminars to the price. They could charge twice the amount, and it would still be a great deal.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG View Post
    Stef has already pointed out many of the things you missed, but ask yourself how much you would pay for an hour of personal training. The answer is usually "a good deal more than $33/hour." Then ask yourself what it would cost to train with an expert in the field. I'll give you a hint - more still. Could you get what is offered in these seminars for $795 on your own? I wish you luck finding it.

I went to the seminar in Wichita Falls recently. I can say without qualification that it was an extraordinary experience that positively impacted my lifting, coaching, and understanding of these movements. Some things are worth paying for.