starting strength gym

Thread: Melbourne (Pt II) Recap

Default Melbourne (Pt II) Recap

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    If you're lucky, there are people who come along that you meet once and it seems like you’ve known them all your life. Mike and Donna Manning along with JB and Cathy Brown are one of these people. Coming back to Melbourne cemented H2C as the Florida location for our seminars. Their continued support of Starting Strength and their established position at LongDoggers makes it easy to look forward to our next visit. They also happen to have one of the coolest dogs, Bosko, on the planet. Thanks so very much guys! Best of luck next weekend at your meet Mike, let us know how things go.

This weekend highlighted the fact that even though we no longer run these seminars through Crossfit, we continue to meet some of the most amazing people who own or train out of Crossfit gyms. Michelle, who qualified as an alternate for the upcoming Regional’s for the Crossfit games realized that increased strength is going to help her improve on many of her bodyweight exercises should she have the opportunity to compete. She also is considering hitting a local weightlifting meet and is already feeling better bringing her bodyweight back to what she was as a college Volleyball player and staying away from a starvation diet. She gave me an update tonight that her first novice training session today went well!! That, along with her talent at riding the Dervish makes her one, cool, chick!

As I’ve stated before, it’s always a pleasure to see familiar faces and have folks in the group who’ve previously attended the Basic Barbell Seminar. We were able to see Stacey’s MUCH improved coaching style and benefit from AC’s experience as a competitive Power lifter and coach of an impressive barbell crew at Georgia Southern. They were both considerably stronger in their understanding and teachings of the methods we used all weekend than their first seminars they attended and they happen to be two very good dudes who you should call if you are in the Knoxville or Statesboro area and in need of good coaching.

There were also some who were very new to barbell training and clearly much stronger than they thought they were (Damion) and can clearly benefit from the program even if they’ve missed out by training effectively in their 20’s and 30’s (I probably shouldn’t name names-Dan-so I’ll try not to.) I’m looking forward to reading comments from yous guys and we’d love to see some pictures. As always, keep us posted on your lifting and coaching progress along with any meets you have coming up. We know AC will be hitting Junior Nationals this summer, who else has upcoming events?
    JP
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default :)

First, I want to thank Mike, Donna, JB and Cathy for hosting the seminar. Their hospitality and friendliness made for an awesome visit. They’ve got their shit together, as well. If I’m ever in Florida again, I won’t hesitate paying them a visit. Great folk, good facility.

I want to thank Rip, Stef, Juli and Brian for first-rate instruction and feedback on our coaching. This marks the second time that I’ve trained with Rip and his crew, and I count them among my friends.

The Starting Strength Seminar is an improvement over what was an already superior seminar. I took the Basic Barbell seminar under Rip in ’08, and the expanded format, which includes an even more in-depth biomechanical analysis of the lifts, increased platform time and an expanded lecture on programming, is well worth the experience for those of you who took Rip’s Crossfit certification and might still be wondering “Is it worth it?” It is. Whether your desire is to improve your lifting or learn to become a better coach, there is no better seminar out there. I’ve taken a number of “personal trainer” certifications over the years, and I’ve learned more from Rip’s seminars than from any of those. This, folks, is how it’s done. Come ready to question and to learn.

Instruction like this deserves your support.

Cheers,
    Stacey

P.S. Thanks for the kind words, Juli. You and Stef are excellent mentors.

Thanks for the great write up Stacey. Here are a couple more pictures that didn't fit on the original post.

Rip, Juli, Steph, Brian, great seeing you guys again! Here are some pics of us in the T-Shirts you sent... Thanks!

Here are some pics of us in the T-Shirts you sent... Thanks!
    Great pics, ya'll are ready for the next fitness model competition.