starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadlift tuck

Default Deadlift tuck

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So I was at the gym this morning and working deadlifts @310 (I'm still weak) and I could see in the mirror that my legs were shaky and I missed my 4th rep. So I thought I should do something to tighten up my legs latterally so they don't wobble.

So I tried tucking it, ya know, like Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs. I can't believe that Rip doesn't have this cue in his book. I finished my reps, added another 20lbs and did 4 more reps. It really helps tighten the hips and prevent leg-wobble so the quads and hams can do their job properly.

Give it a shot and see how it goes... if this works for more people I'll get Rip to add it to a next edition.

no.

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaMatt View Post
    So I was at the gym this morning and working deadlifts @310 (I'm still weak) and I could see in the mirror that my legs were shaky and I missed my 4th rep. So I thought I should do something to tighten up my legs latterally so they don't wobble.

So I tried tucking it, ya know, like Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs. I can't believe that Rip doesn't have this cue in his book. I finished my reps, added another 20lbs and did 4 more reps. It really helps tighten the hips and prevent leg-wobble so the quads and hams can do their job properly.

Give it a shot and see how it goes... if this works for more people I'll get Rip to add it to a next edition.
    Not sure what "Buffalo Bill" style is, haven't seen that film since I was a kid. But if you mean like sticking your dick between your legs, Rip has already used this cue before.

Oh really? He's incredibly knowledgable with this stuff, I shouldn't be surprised. Anybody else try this cue out?

I used that cue to set my back in the start. I also had to use the cue he recommended about pointing my toes out a little. These two things enabled me to get better extension in the starting position.

Am I stoned? What the fuck is going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    Not sure what "Buffalo Bill" style is, haven't seen that film since I was a kid. But if you mean like sticking your dick between your legs, Rip has already used this cue before.
    I'm sorry can you explain what you mean by that? Lol, i can't seem to form a mental image...

It's been a while since I read it. Here's the link to the thread:

http://startingstrength.com/resource...dick#post78232

EDIT: I had to search for "dick" by "Mark Rippetoe" to find it. lol

Yeah, so that's not exactly the same is sticking your dick between your legs. I mis-recalled.

starting strength coach development program
    it's a mangina. bend over and someone behind you sees the goat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast