starting strength gym

Thread: Removal of 2 day break

Default Removal of 2 day break

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    See page 161 of Practical Programming

"Based on individual scheduling flexibility, recovery ability, and personal preference, a trainee might decide to use an every other day schedule, where each week is different but each break between workouts is 48 hours. This schedule does not allow for a longer break between two harder workouts, and works best if two different daily workouts are being alternated"

Am i correct in my interpretation of the text that this means that if flexibility, recov, and prefences suit (which are all ticks from me), that i can remove the two day break at the end of the week and do a workout such as this, if the aforementioned factors permit??

Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun, Tue, Thur, Sat, Mon, Wed, Fri.. etc.

I'm doing Workout A

Squats
    Bench
    Dead

Workout B

Squats
    Press
    Chins (Can't do PC- wrist is injured)

I have no job, hardly any uni to do and i'm 21 and seem to recover overnight almost completely. Only time i feel a bit sore/drained is from deads the next morning. I reckon i could pull this off and still not overtrain- does anyone have any experience/suggestions about this?

Thanks

if you can recover from it, go for it. "There is nothing graven in stone except you have to squat or you're a pussy."

I've got the same schedule every day right now so I just decided to to a 9 day "week", taking two days off after four workout sessions. I also restarted linear progression, which is getting very hard right now (especially squats, trying to add weight every workout). The last two day break I took was needed.
    It ends up that my decision to restart linear progression and eat like a pig was more significant than my little schedule adjustment.

Good for you for wanting to do this while your out of work.

Thanks for the replies. I'll try that 9 day week first, as a trial and error. Will be out of work for the next year and a half, so plenty of time. Alternatively, I could experiment by adding 3.3kg to squats rather than 2.5kg per workout.