starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A3M0N's Log

Default A3M0N's Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey, I've been doing SS for a few weeks now, figured its about time to start keeping a log.

I'm 28 years old, 6'1", 210lbs - Tactical aircraft mechanic, USAF.

My current numbers:

Squat - 160lbs
    Overhead - 100lbs
    Deadlift - 145lbs
    Bench - 140lbs
    Clean - 100lbs

Richie

Squat - 170lbs
    Bench - 145lbs
    Deadlift - 155lbs

This is the second workout where I've had some pain across the outside of my left hip. After the workout I stretched and ran a mile and all felt fine, so I'm not too worried about injury, but I'll probably film my squats from my next workout and try to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Richie

Due to my rapidly approaching deployment, I'm taking a week or so off to just be with my family. Also, the wife wants to do P90X (flame away) so I'm taking this week to do it with her to get her going on it. Pretty challenging, in a cardio type way.

Richie

How long will you be gone? AF gyms deployed usually have weights, so no slacking. And you need to DL more, although they will catch up once you go to 5 lb advances on the squat. I went to 5 lbs way too early on DLs, push the 10 lb gains as long as you can.

Oh, I'll be lifting. I hear there are 3 gyms where I'm headed and they're decent I understand. I'll have to see how it goes, we're on 12 hour shifts with one day off a week for around 4(ish) months. But I will get on a schedule and hopefully make some good gains.

You'll have trouble finding a cage, though, but you mechs can probably work out a substitute for stands. Unless you waste your time on video games, you should make some serious gains. Keep us informed.

I'm not a big gamer. I actually don't fit the usual military/crew chief mold very well - I don't even drink. Meh, its over rated

Its off topic, but what's your job OITW?

I'm over at Molesworth, shouldn't be hard to figure out. But my father was AF from 1950 and a career mech for SAC.

Just did some reading about Molesworth, I have an idea now.

So, by the time I get settled in at my vacation spot I will have been on about a 2.5 week break. Should I just pick back up where I left off, or should I lower the weight a bit?

starting strength coach development program
    Well, I've had two workouts since getting to Afghanistan (for all the military types, I checked, this does not violate any OPSEC) and they have been a tad disappointing. But its to be expected after taking a few weeks off. My DL didn't change at all, but my squats and overheads have taken a small hit. Hopefully I'll get back to where I was soon and then start making some gains.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast