starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Resurrecting the possibility of a UK Cert

Arrow Resurrecting the possibility of a UK Cert

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This post will be repeated in Training and Ends & Pieces for maximum exposure. Do not bother Rip's team about this, this is my initiative, if you have any questions, PM me.

I am going to try to come up with a way for Rip's team to do a UK cert. There are significant challenges to doing this, but I think it can be done, and worked into the 2011 schedule. There is, however, no way in Hell I can do the footwork for this all by myself. Therefore, I need to see two things from all of you who would want a Cert in the UK.

1) I need some other guys to help me with footwork, such as contacting gym owners or visiting candidate gyms. I know who I'd like to see, but I'm going to leave it up to you to volunteer. If you want to help make this happen, PM me. Don't post on this thread, PM me.

2) Show of hands. How many of you would be willing to lay down hard cash as a deposit in advance of a cert? This could be up to six months in advance of a cert, but nothing is in stone (or even jello) at this time. I just want to see if you're willing to put your money where your mouth is on attending a cert. Post your reply here. My PM box shouldn't be able handle your overwhelming response.

Thanks. Again, PM me with any questions, don't bother Rip's staff.

Two things:

1. Any overseas would require multiple seminars due to the dramatically increased expenses

2. A requirement for hosting is that the host be someone who's been through the seminar.

Whenever/Wherever it is, I'll fly in from Prague. I have a cousin in the UK that lifts too, he'd possibly want to attend as well.

jjohal, Easyjet or RyanAir, either will get you here, glad to have you.

Bump.

Just in case someone missed it the first cuppla times around. Just so you know, there have been some openings, we'll see where they go in time. I will be gone the next week, so nothing will move very far, but the more raised hands saying "I'll make it," the better.

Not to give everyone a woody, but we have at least one gym that meets the requirements willing to get in the game. It's not for me to say which gym, The Aasgaard Company will make any announcements like that, but this is a cause for optimism. Remember, this is for a seminar in 2011, so we've a ways down the road to go

Anyone in Manchester or Scotland, give me a PM, thanks.
    Last edited by stef; 05-18-2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: correcting company name, seminar

Default Hosting Contact Information

If anyone (on either side of the pond) is interested in hosting a Starting Strength seminar, please follow the contact information below:

http://startingstrength.com/index.php/site/contact/

Thanks.

jp

Haha! If it's in Manchester there's only one place it could be.. I'm there M/W/F...

I raise both hands. I'd come to UK for this, I've always been looking forward to a Europe cert.

starting strength coach development program
    why is one of the requirements that the host must someone who has been through the seminar?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast