starting strength gym

Thread: Lower back pain from squatting?

Default Lower back pain from squatting?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Over the past month, I have been getting this pain in my lower back. This pain is only felt when I am bending over when I am shoving my hips back.

Anyone know what could have possibly caused this?

Probably from not pushing your chest out while putting your elbows out on the squat i.e your back is probably rounding doing the squat. I had this problem, try aching your back.

Could this lower back pain result into stunting growth?

Worse, it can cause shrinkage. Knee pain is also known to cause hairy palms.

I've had this for roughly a month now. But the pain doesn't bother me when I am doing squats. Should I wait until the pain goes away or should I keep training. Also, should I get it checked?
    Last edited by Pho; 05-02-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Well, we cannot see how you squat without a video, so it's tough to say what is wrong. Post one in the technique section. Any athletic endeavor will result in aches and pains and if you are training hard enough to get stronger, injury is always a possibility. You need to learn correct form and then take appropriate action when injuries inevitably happen. I would imagine everyone on this planet has experienced back pain. Some have it every day. Only you can say whether you need to see someone about it.

We need a video. And your name makes me hungry. To bad it wasn't spelled Phó.

Most people think that it's pronounced "foe," but I heard it's actually more like "fuh." But I really only like Thai food, so what do I know?

starting strength coach development program
    You are correct Ian, that is why I made sure to put the little thing over the "o". And you are really missing out if you haven't had good phó. The problem is that there are more bad places than good ones. Oh yeah, I love Thai food too. I just like food in general, haha.