Hello,

I tore my right hamstring around April last year, I re-tore it the following month. Since then i've pretty much laid off the heavy stuff and my training has consisted mainly of bodybuilder style training with lower weights and higher reps/shorter rest periods. Recently though i've gotten the competition bug again and made some decent lower body lifts (200kgx10 SLDL etc), over the course of three weeks I worked up to an easy 180kg x 3 in the Squat. It felt easy enough but within seconds after the set I felt that familiar pain in the right hamstring, a sudden sharp pain. I feel fine the day after, so I don't think i've actually reinjured it but it feels like it was close. But what do I do about this?

I don't know whether it's a build up of scar tissue which keeps reinjuring, or whether it's just me being too quick to bump the weights back up?

If it is scar tissue i've heard different things. Some people say it can be fixed, others say it can't. I found this thread:

http://startingstrength.com/resource...+tissue&page=7

Which gave me some hope you guys could point me in the right direction. My best squat preinjury was 227kg @ 84kg raw, will it be possible to work back up to those heights and how? Or are my powerlifting days well and truely behind me?

Thank you for any insights.
FC