starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: whey + creatine

Default whey + creatine

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Just wondering what whey and or creatine people here use.

I have been using EAS Whey, just bought a 5lb tub of GNC Mass XXX, thing is, it has only 13 shakes worth in it. Good way to get some protein and cals though, one shake with milk clocks in at over 1,000 cals.

If I hadnt already opened it, I would have returned it for some standard whey and creatine, and probably would have gotten some money back.

I use optimum nutrition whey. Not the cheapest, but decent price, taste, etc. Next whey I buy will be the cheapest stuff I can get. I don't use creatine, I'm probably going to start soon, though. Whenever progress slows down I add something to keep me going just a little longer, and I think creatine is next on the list. All creatine monohydrate is essentially the same, buy the cheap stuff. Anybody know what we should be paying for it? Got a good deal?

If you dont go crazy with the dosing and stick to the standard 3-5g, you can get about 8-9 months worth for about $20 from GNC, and thats before gold card or buy one get one half off savings.

Yes, I just bought it from GNC. I returned the mass gainer I bought today (opened) and exchanged it for 100% whey and 1000g of creatine. That is 200 servings!

trueprotein.com for both. I like to pound my whey without tasting it, and they sell unsweetened stuff for cheap.

As far as protein, whatever is cheap, usually, since my local Costco carries EAS, I have primarily used EAS 100% Whey, good deal IMHO. I have also used Protein Factory's Whey Isolate (cheap and tastes good, but not as cheap as the Costco deal). Creatine: I have exclusively used Biotest German Creatine, only because I think their price is really good. I got my last 2 containers (2.2lb total) for $20 shipped. I don't think that is a constant deal however.

I use Optimum Nutrition whey. It mixes and tastes the best. I'm hooked on their strawberry right now. I use whatever Creatine powder is cheapest. I only use 5g after workouts. A jar will last me quite awhile.

I'm using GNC Isowhey 28, at 28g of pure whey isolate per serving. I mix it with 16oz of milk, for about 44g protein altogether. The guys at GNC convinced me to go with pure isolates for the after workout shake, as they digest fastest, so you can get all the amino acids and whatnot ASAP after working out. I also went with this since it was available unflavored; I have found all the flavored ones have some kind of artificial sweetener, the taste of which I cannot stand. This stuff is pretty well tasteless, maybe faintly vanilla-y when mixed plain with milk.

Not on the creatine, though.

Quote Originally Posted by xf220 View Post
    If I hadnt already opened it, I would have returned it for some standard whey and creatine, and probably would have gotten some money back.
    GNC has a no-question 10 day guarantee. If you bring it back with a good portion remaining and tell them it sucks, they'll refund it. I was not sure if the creamcicle flavour was going to be any good and I was told if it sucks to bring it back for another one.

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah I returned it yesterday for their 100% whey and creatine monohydrate. I got both of those for the price of that mass gainer. Much better deal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast