starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G**damnit, I broke my fudging foot (I think)!

Default G**damnit, I broke my fudging foot (I think)!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Due to circumstances, it took my wife and me three days loading, moving and unloading all of our belongings to settle, finally, in Nashville. Three long, tiring days. The third day, which was Sunday, we'd finished getting everything in the house, and I'd even dropped the moving van off and had come back home and was getting ready to kick back and enjoy a cold one on the back porch when...

I remember walking down the staircase to check on the dogs (damn, my knees felt tired), and my second or third step down, I feel my left leg shimmy and give way, then I hear and feel a snap in the top lateral part of my foot. Oh shit, I've fuckin' broken my foot...

This is the same place in my foot where I've experienced tenderness on and off again for several months. Way I figure it, I've had a minor stress fracture trying to mend itself, and after a few days of mental, emotional and physical stress, the goddamned thing finally snapped clear through.

So I'm off to the doctor in a bit to get the thing x-rayed, but some preliminary searching around on the internet leads me to believe, due to the location of the pain and symptoms, that I may have the rare, slow-to- heal "Jones" fracture:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones_fracture

So everybody I've ever yelled at and insulted, now's your time to laugh your asses off at my misfortune.

-S.

Well shit. Hang in there. Here's your chance to do shitloads of Bench, dips, weighted chins/pullups and seated presses and not be called a pussy(not just yet at least) for not squatting. Maybe even work on "the gun show".....good luck Stacey...keep updating.

Worst part is, now you're stuck being on the bottom until it heals.

Maybe you can starfish it up and then ask the wife how she likes the role reversal.

Damn, that sucks.

If it's your fifth metatarsal don't be foolish like I was and cut off your cast with a hacksaw 3 weeks in. Give it the full six weeks. I spent a whole year with a broken foot b/c I was a FOOL.

Good luck!

Wait until you have a proper diagnosis before getting angry.
    Maybe it's a normal fracture, the kind that heals in a short time.
    There's even a chance your foot it's not broken at all, like when you twist an ankle and it swells to the size of a big apple*, but it's still not broken.
    At least I hope so for you.
    All the best.

IPB

I've seen pretty big apples in the US, far bigger than anything we have on this side of the pond. They tasted of nothing in particular, but that's another story.

Wait........

"Stacey" is a MAN!?

Stacey has limited access to the internets, so...

He does have a Jones fracture and will probably have them insert a screw instead of waiting to see if a cast helps. It's his understanding that the cast may not work anyway so why wait an additional 6 weeks while wearing a cast for no good reason.

Oh, and he plans to be yoked by the time his foot heals.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaMatt View Post
    Wait........

"Stacey" is a MAN!?
    No, that's still up for debate.

starting strength coach development program
    Oh, then the wife part totally has me aroused.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast