starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Im not going to lie..I suck at eating.

Default Im not going to lie..I suck at eating.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey guys,

First time poster, long time lurker. I cant eat. Ilve been logging my calories for a week and each day, i eat 3120 calories, including 1/2 gallon of reduced fat milk. The consistency is there but i lack the calories needed to grow. What do you guys eat that adds lots of calories each day, quite quickly without much effort. 6'1'' 169 lbs. I need about 40-50lbs to not look like a concentration camp victim.

Quote Originally Posted by indian_lifter View Post
    Hey guys,
    reduced fat milk. The consistency is there but i lack the calories needed to grow. What do you guys eat that adds lots of calories each day,.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    ?
    I guess that might be an issue.

Peanut butter.

I guess that might be an issue.
    Seriously, creamier milk tastes much better. If you have access to it, youd be silly not to drink whole milk.

Are you actually in India? Buffalo milk is fairly common there, which is even better.

If I remember right, Liver increases appetite as well as containing many useful vitamins & minerals. You can get in pill form.

Spices such as Cinammon can help. Are you vegetarian? (I hope not).
    If you are making a meat dish of either chicken or beef or mutton, put some stick of cinnamon in at the beginning with the onions. Guaranteed to make your mouth water.

I heard that spiking your insulin levels can make you very hungry, but best you ask Mr Schaeffer about that.
    Last edited by Dastardly; 05-11-2010 at 03:57 AM.

Butter, mayo, olive oil shots...

Hey guys,

First time poster, long time lurker. I cant eat. Ilve been logging my calories for a week and each day, i eat 3120 calories, including 1/2 gallon of reduced fat milk. The consistency is there but i lack the calories needed to grow. What do you guys eat that adds lots of calories each day, quite quickly without much effort. 6'1'' 169 lbs. I need about 40-50lbs to not look like a concentration camp victim.

Whole milk - 1 quart with each meal
    Cream - (fresh and sour) add to your food wherever you can
    Cheese - great on-the-go food when you don't have much time
    Butter - get grass-fed butter if you can find it and eat a tbsp a couple of times a day.
    Eggs - don't even think about removing the yolks unless you're going to eat them and discard the whites
    Potatoes - makes a great vehicle for sour cream and butter
    Ground beef - 80% lean. Hamburgers, pasta sauce, meatloaf, hamburger gravy etc...

Fix the milk to at least 2% I can't do the taste of whole milk so that's what I did. Also what's this 1/2 gallon? GOMAD not .5GOMAD!!! That gives you an extra 1000 calories right there. The other thing, it takes effort to eat the amount of food you want to be eating at this stage. I found eating to be harder than the actual workout when I started.

Hey guys,

The answer is, you're being a pussy.

Try this:

Breakfast
    4 Eggs
    3 pieces of bacon
    2 pieces of bread
    Calories: ~ 700

Lunch
    Big Mac Combo
    Calories: 1040

Dinner
    Half of a Delissio rising crust pizza, one of the ones with lots of meat (Meat Lovers, Canadian, Supreme, etc)
    Calories: ~1000

And 1 Gallon of Whole Milk
    Calories: ~2500

Total: 5240

This is a sample day for how I ate a couple of months ago when on SS. The format is basically to eat about 1000 calories for lunch and dinner, more than 500 calories for breakfast, and drink a gallon of milk. But the hard part isn't to come up with a plan, it's to actually follow it. Even with the most calorie dense foods it's not easy (for most people) to eat >5000 calories per day. So get eating. As a popular shoe company says: Just Do It.

starting strength coach development program
    Like two days after somebody puts up a semi tongue-in-cheek post about all the SE Asian types on this board having too many excuses about eating and whatnot, and we have "Indian Lifter" supposedly unable to figure out how to eat enough?

Huh.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast