starting strength gym

Thread: Interesting Article

Default Interesting Article

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    http://articles.elitefts.com/article...thetic-secret/

I may give this a try and see how it helps. I'm figuring a walk with the wife and son should be good to keep me in the right BPM range.

I cant comment that much on it as luckily I, and all those I have trained, have largely avoided overtraining type symptoms. However, I will say that it largely thought that the phenomenon in question (complete removal of parasympathetic stimulation) is associated with a HR closer to 100bpm than the 120-130 the author suggests.

Slightly off topic here, but speaking of overtraining does anybody have any idea as to the usefulness of the tap test toward gauging overtraining?

The tap test for those who don't know is where upon waking you get a pencil, a piece of paper and make as many dots as possible in 20 secs - supposedly when the number of dots gets less and less as the days go on, you are in a overtrained state

Sounds like a load of crap to me tbh, but then again i've never tried it

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sousa View Post
    http://articles.elitefts.com/article...thetic-secret/

I may give this a try and see how it helps. I'm figuring a walk with the wife and son should be good to keep me in the right BPM range.
    I read that this morning. A week ago I didn't listen to my body, went heavy, had an awful session, and threw my back out the next day. Go figure.

Sounds similar to a recent entry on 70s Big.com.