1rm's:

Squat: 310
    Deadlift: 335
    Bench: 230
    Press: 155
    Powerclean: 165x5

Dick length: 10" AROUND

Training past:

Former endurance athlete thats always mixed in strength work on the side. Recently decided to quick fucking around with cycling and get serious with strength training. I just did 3 cycles of 5/3/1 focusing on correcting some muscle imbalances now Im going to get the most out of linear progession that I can.

Im a Firefighter in the City of Toronto so I have a very different work schedule then most, hence the "Im Not Doing The Program" title. I work 7 24hr shifts a month, so I cant follow a mon, weds, thurs program.

What I will be doing is:

-3 non consecutive workouts (A,B,A) or (B,A,B) per week.

-Resting two days with lots of stretching

-Including 2 short GPP sessions per week. I competed in Firefighter combat challenges last year and will be doing one in September again only for fun this this time.

-Eating a litteral fuck ton of food, babys and drinking my milk.

So tag along if you want. Ill throw up some pics of meals and other things that are pretty amusing.

Cheers!

Workout A

Weight: 173lbs

Warmup: 5 mins C2 1200mish

Sq: 145x3x5
    Bench: 150x3x5
    DL: 190x1x5
    Chins (BW): 16/14/10
    Decline Situps: 20/20

Cooldown: 5 mins Bike L15

Post workout: 2 cups whole Milk, 9oz Sweet Potato, 2 scoops whey, Handfull Almonds

Notes: Good starting weights. Squat was 10lbs higher than I anticipated. Weight flew up so I figured it was good starting point.

GPP:

Warmup: Skipping ladder. 200 Single Unders, 100 Alt Step, 50 Single Leg and back up. 2 x 10 35lb KB Snatches L/R.

Workout:

5 rounds:

-10 Wide Grip Pullups (Deadhang on the edge of overhead deck)
    -15 16lb Sledgehammer Strikes (15L/15R)
    -20 12lb Wallball Shot
    -25 Double Unders
    -40m 135lb Backwards Sled Drag

Time: 14:14

2 x 25 55lb KB Swing. Both 30 secondish.

Post workout:

2 Cups Whole Milk, 1 scoop Whey, 1 TBSP Almond Butter

Notes:

Total Kcal was 3100ish. Need to eat MOAR!

Good workout. Was able to go through it continuously without stopping. Double Unders unbroken. Massage this aft and work/rest tomorow.

Forgot to add that I ordered the following on Sunday:

- 1 Pair Rouge Do-wins
    - 13mm Inzer Lever Belt

Hopefully both come in asap. Will continue to Deadlift in my Chucks however.

Workout B

Weight: 174lbs (+1lb)

Sq: 165x3x5
    Press: 95x3x5
    PC: 135x5x3
    Dips (BW): 15/15/15

3 rounds of :

5 Toes to Bar
    10 40lb DB Snatch
    15 Pushups

Time: 3:30

5 Min 1300m Cooldown C2 Row

Cooldown: 5 mins Bike L15

Post workout: 2 cups whole Milk, 9oz Sweet Potato, 2 scoops whey, Almond Butter

Notes: Feels good man. Worked yesterday and had a sketchy nights sleep. Had 2 racks of Ribs for dinner at the Firehall. Came home, napped, ate breaky and pounded some Slayer.

Squats were good. Really focusing on "Knees out!", driving my ass and chest up. Will post vids on Sunday of Squats and Deadlift for critique.

Workout A

Weight: 178lbs (+4 from last week)

Sq: 175x3x5
    Bench: 155x3x5
    DL: 210x1x5
    Chins (BW): Bw+15x10/Bw+10x10/Bw+10x8
    45 degree Back Ext w/45lb plate: 10x3 sets
    Decline Situps: 20/20

Cooldown: 10mins C2 2500m

Post workout: 2 cups whole Milk, 9oz Sweet Potato, 2 scoops whey, Almond butter

Notes: A big thanks goes out to this, I think its what helped me gain 4lbs this week :

And here are some vids of my Squat/Deadlift. Fucking tool walked right behind me on my DL workset. Also had to deal with some bimbo doing mad curls on that bosu ball IN THE SQUAT RACK? I guess when you need to get close to a mirror, doing sjit in the rack is your best option. I need to move to Texas and train lol.

Squat (175x5):

Deadlift (210x5):

Please Critique the shit out of them. Cheers!

Hi Smoke,
    take this with a grain of salt, I'm not really an expert. But here it goes.

You keep your elbows a bit bent on the DL, it's better to lock them. (see SS page 139) And maybe you should raise your hips a bit higher. for me your start position is a bit too squat like. And the weight seems much to light for you to use an alternate grip.

Your squat seems very good to me. your knees don't cave in at the bottom. I'm jealous of your form.

P.S. Thanks for being a firefighter. You guys rule.
    P.S.S. If looks could kill that guy would be dropping dead the second time he walked behind you.
    Last edited by Philds; 05-16-2010 at 09:40 AM.

GPP:

Warmup: Skipping ladder. 200 Single Unders, 100 Alt Step and back up. 2

Workout:

Deck of Cards:

Clubs = Burpees
    Spades = Unbroken Double Unders
    Diamonds = 16lb Sledgehammer Swing to tire
    Hearts = 55lb KB Swing

Reps:

Aces 14
    Kings 13
    Queens 12
    Jacks 11
    10-5 Face Value
    2-5 = 5

Time: 29:05

Post workout:

2 Cups Whole Milk, 11oz Sweet Potato, 1 scoop Whey, 1 TBSP Almond Butter

Notes:

Good little workout. Had me huffin by the end. Landed a part-time Landscaping job today. Going to be cutting grass/moving top dressing and shit on my days off. Once I start, Ill be cutting down the GPP to 1 session a week at most, if not completely, to aid in recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Philds View Post
    Hi Smoke,
    take this with a grain of salt, I'm not really an expert. But here it goes.

You keep your elbows a bit bent on the DL, it's better to lock them. (see SS page 139) And maybe you should raise your hips a bit higher. for me your start position is a bit too squat like. And the weight seems much to light for you to use an alternate grip.

Your squat seems very good to me. your knees don't cave in at the bottom. I'm jealous of your form.

P.S. Thanks for being a firefighter. You guys rule.
    P.S.S. If looks could kill that guy would be dropping dead the second time he walked behind you.

Thanks for the advice. Ive been having some wrist issues with riding my motorcycle, so I definatly think my bent arms during the DL could be contributing to it. Plus the fact that I ride a crotch rocket doesnt help!

Hopefully with this PT job i can save enough cash to buy a home gym with bumper plates/etc. Im tired of meatwhistles like that guy at my gym.

starting strength coach development program
    Hey man,
    FF out of St. Augustine here, IAFF L3865. Good to have you on board.

Your squats looked nice and clean, however you take an awfully long time to start squatting once you've unracked the bar. It's not so much an issue at lighter weights as it is when things get heavy.

I second the comment about bending your elbows during the DL, you will be asking for a bicep tear with the supinated arm once it gets heavy enough. Try to go double overhand until it fails, then switch to mixed grip. What helped me keep my arms straight at first was concentrating on locking out my elbows, once this becomes ingrained it will be second nature and never be a major issue again.

Good luck!

-Hat

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast