starting strength gym

Thread: Programming O-lifts for an intermediate

Default Programming O-lifts for an intermediate

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm an intermediate lifter (probably not completely justified), with so-so snatch and CJ technique.

I've been doing TM for the last twelve weeks successfully using only the SS lifts, because I was going to a small college in the middle of nowhere and had nobody to coach me on the snatch and CJ. Now I'm back home for the summer, and there's a good WL gym in my area (Cathletics). In the long run I want to compete in weightlifting and I'm wondering how I should program the lifts to improve my numbers while still getting as strong as possible.

Sorry if this post isn't very coherent, I'm not fully awake.

Jacob:

search function my friend. Here's a start:
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=15909

If you want to be good at Olys, go to CA Athletics and do whatever they say. Otherwise, just do the flipping 70s Big Oly plan, which is basically

Mon: Olys, go heavy on one and volume on the other
    Tues: Strength: Squat, Press, Row/Pullups
    Thurs: Olys, switch which is heavy and which is volume
    Fri: Strength: Squat, Bench, Deadlift

I might be remembering it slightly wrong but whatever. CA Athletics knows more about the Olympic lifts than any one who posts here, so if you can afford the gym fees, do their thing.

yeah seriously, you'd be a complete fool not to train at cathletics if you can afford it. their emphasis is obviously on o lifting, but i know greg understands the importance of strength in the two lifts, so you should tell them your goals, and do what they say. even if it means staying light and fixing up your technique for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bond View Post
    If you want to be good at Olys, go to CA Athletics and do whatever they say.
    yup.

Thanks, guys. I'm setting up a session with one of the Cathletics coaches on my light day this week. I'm kind of a broke college student, so we'll see where training there fits in.

Did you try asking Charles?

starting strength coach development program
    I noticed in PPST2 Ripp outlines an Olympic Lifting program for intermediates on the Starr model. However, he doesn't exactly say which exercises are performed on which days. Can anyone give any insight to this?.