starting strength gym

Thread: Makeshift Program

Default Makeshift Program

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This happened four weeks ago.....was squatting and at the bottom of my second rep I heard a sound that sounded like something quickly tearing a piece of paper by the proximal end of femur. Extremely freaked me out, but didn't hurt at all so I finished my set. No real swelling or redness at all after or the next day. It hurts slightly when I'm sitting in a chair and try to lift my foot off the floor. Hurts a little also when I extend my knee. No significant pain, but still bothers me.

Today:
    Pain is almost completely gone, but it still bothers me at the bottom of my squat with my hip impinged. I went to my ortho today who recommended physical therapy for the next three weeks, and said not to squat again until then(which will be 7 weeks) and if its not better he said the next step is an MRI with contrast. I'm hoping it wont come to that.

What makeshift program can I do for the next three weeks to continue getting stronger? I guess I could use hamstring curls and knee extensions as a piss poor substitute. Then domy alternating Bench Press and Overhead Press. However, can I add more upper body to compensate?

Thank you,
    Dave

Starr protocol?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick L. View Post
    Starr protocol?
    That's for muscle belly tears, you fool.

Did you get an actual diagnosis from your ortho, or did he just prescribe PT and rest? Folks here can't really help you without one.

Quote Originally Posted by gzt View Post
    That's for muscle belly tears, you fool.
    Yes, it could be a muscle tear...I had a similar one with my hamstring and it worked well. The OP didn't specify the diagnosis.

You fool.

Ortho told me it could be a labral tear. I'm getting physical therapy for the next 6 weeks. He told me not to squat and do just upper body(sadly). He says if its not better in three weeks the next course of action is a MRI with contrast. Thats why I want to do some form of benching and pressing workout to continue to get strong

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick L. View Post
    Yes, it could be a muscle tear...I had a similar one with my hamstring and it worked well. The OP didn't specify the diagnosis.

You fool.
    A muscle tear that didn't hurt?

You fool

Btw I have a Brain Tumor, what do you suggest? O wait I know; Starr Protocol.
    Last edited by dwm24; 05-27-2010 at 07:32 PM.