starting strength gym

Thread: Intermediate Diet

Default Intermediate Diet

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    How has your diet personally changed since achieving that hard-earned achievement of "intermediate"? Personally, I'm running Texas Method and try to load up on food for Monday's grueling beast of a workout. Wednesday, since it is a light load, I make sure to have ample protein and fats, but take it easy on carbs. On Friday, in preparation for the day's test, I'm like a garbage disposal. On my off days, I just get all my protein in and watch my carb intake. This all stems from my recent disdain with my physique post GOMAD; I love milk, but found as I became an intermediate, a gallon a day wasn't necessary, seeing as not as much was being imposed on my body in each workout. I've been toying with the idea of cutting down, but like everyone here, I don't want to lose any of my strength. Of course, I'm rational, and can realistically reason that I'll lose a few pounds off some of my lifts, but I wrestle with wanting to add pounds to the bar while taking some pounds off. I'm not fat by any means, but I miss my striated v-cut (yeah, fuck off), so I figured I'd get your experiences with the intermediate diet

Well I've been sick all week, which bums me out, since I've been living off of soup. Going back to volume day on Monday should be fun. Anyway, I've had good success so far with my eating plan described above and haven't noticed any unsightly fat gain. Other than my squat wanting to plateau, everything else is going pretty smooth

I remember reading one member here basically maintained his bodyweight, might even have lost pounds, on intermediate programming while taking his squat from 300ish to 500.

Don't have much to offer to the thread, but I thought that was impressive. As somebody who is nearing the end of linear gains, losing the some of my belly while putting weight on bar is an appealing notion...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja666 View Post
    losing the some of my belly while putting weight on bar is an appealing notion...
    I hear that, man.