starting strength gym

Thread: Lower back pain

Default Lower back pain

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Anybody got any good info on what to do?

I was working up to body weight squats and sacrificed form to get the weight up. I've got some tightness and minor pain in the erector spinae.

I have reset my squat much lower and I'm working my way up with good form, I think. I stretch often, and I can get my palms just about on the floor. I am experimenting with rolling on a short section of PVC.

Any recommendations?

Recommendations on what? Healing? Form?

Ultimate question is this:

What is a good way to treat sore back muscles and eliminate the pain. As I said, it is limited to the erector spinae muscles, it is not disk or spine related.

Do you round your back when you stretch or keep it in extension? I used to overstretch by rounding my back in my running daze and would wonder why things didn't feel right.
    Did you try the search function? I do have some recommendations for what it's worth.
    Type this into your google search bar.

site:startingstrength.com stretch lying

Quote Originally Posted by dmd View Post
    Ultimate question is this:

What is a good way to treat sore back muscles and eliminate the pain. As I said, it is limited to the erector spinae muscles, it is not disk or spine related.
    In my limited experience with back soreness or injuries, I've found layoff, recovery, and time are good treatments. If the injury is recent, do the normal routine of keeping a good posture, avoid hard work, and sleep a lot. Tylenol for the pain, and avoid the gym for a week or two until it's healed. Most of all, correct whatever problem caused the pain. Again, my experience is limited, but I've found rolling on shit only to be aggravating and useless (hope it helps you, though).

starting strength coach development program
    Im still new to the iron game but i just recovered from this.

For me, my issue was going too deep by letting my lower back relax. Along with not being able to keep my chest up, i was doing good mornings out of the bottom.

Try to get a video.