starting strength gym

Thread: Excessive Squatting, Knees and Overnight Recuperation

Default Excessive Squatting, Knees and Overnight Recuperation

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So like a damned idiot I'm back on Smolov again. I just did the fourth day, which follows the third day without a day of rest. I've been draining my left knee of an old, small effusion and so that knee is a little off already. Last night I was feeling really beat up and questioning the wisdom in following the Smolov plan to the letter instead of inserting rest days. My left knee was especially angry at me.

Looks like a few hours of sleep did the trick. This morning I took some ibuprofen and put on my large Rehband blues over my mediums. The warmth and compression seem to be doing the trick. I have full mobility right now without pain and when I took the knee sleeves off, I still felt fine and was able to squat all the way down without any trouble.

You have to understand that I was feeling extremely old and worn out last night. I also felt foolish for pushing so hard and trying to put 40 lbs on my squat in a month again. It's still probably not the best idea, but competitive powerlifting isn't exactly good for you (though barbell training in general is).

Do you mean you put on two sets of Rehbands for a compressive recovery effect?

Would this also work with knee wraps? Wraps are so cheap compared to good sleeves, would it be worth getting some to use for recovery compression?

Sorry Gary - what do you mean by draining your knee?
    as in draining fluid from inside your knee?

is this something that people can do them selves?
    sounds like a hospital type thing..

If it has nipples, you can milk it...if you have a needle, you can drain it.

Gary, you are a masochistic character, aren't you?