starting strength gym

Thread: WL shoes at cert

Default WL shoes at cert

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I realize that the info says to bring weightlifting shoes, but I don't have any. I don't even have chuck taylors. I have been squatting barefoot. I also realize that no shoes will more than likely not be allowed at the seminar and that's cool. Do I need to go buy some weightlifting shoes this week or will Chuck's suffice? Also is tobacco allowed at the certs?

Tfin, you will need to have shoes to lift in. You may already have good work boots that will work just fine.

Lifting shoes > boots > hard soled flat shoes (Chucks, Sambas, court shoes etc) > running shoes

You may not use tobacco during the platform sessions-- unless you plan to eat tobacco brownies between your sets. Please check with the venue that is hosting the seminar regarding their policy on tobacco use during other times.

s.

Do yourself a favor and get the WL shoes. It's the single best investment I've made in my training. The difference, for me at least, was significantly positive.

Woah woah woah, you mean I can't have a cigarette dangling out of the side of my mouth as I powerclean?

wft is up with that...

Turns out this question came from Tristan. He abstained (as far as I could tell, at least on the platforms) and survived.

Maybe his name was Travis, in any case he was a cool dude who did not have a ciggy dangling from his mouth (as I also envisioned with the question) on the platforms.
    jp

starting strength coach development program
    Just so everyone knows, I ordered some WL shoes and a belt. I realize now how beneficial they are. As far as tobacco use goes, I don't smoke, but I do love Copenhagen. I did abstain all weekend (well on the platforms at least, and I respected Heidi's wishes and kept it out of the facilities all together.

-Trevor Tristan Travis