starting strength gym

Thread: TM light day without a barbell.

Default TM light day without a barbell.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I pay per session at the gym which I train. But I also have free access to gym which has no bars, but does have dumb bells.

I was curious to know whether you think a light day at the dumb bell equipped gym might be compatible with texas method?

Ive just started TM, so dont want to start fucking it up already. Just wondering, because it would both save me some money and give me a change of scenery.

The only thing it is lacking is a substitute for back extensions. At my regular gym I do good mornings, at this free gym I could do RDL's with DB's, but would run out of weight quickly.

Light squat could be switched to some kind of lunge, or Rip's unusual squat substitute of vertical jumps.

Pressing movements could be switched to DB's

I don't see it being very conducive for long. If it was something for in the meantime or was necessary due to financial constraints etc it could be sustained for a short period, but the light day is just as important as the heavy and medium days.

I wouldn't fuck with it.

-Hat

Plenty of people have progressed on a TM model without a recovery day, e.g. in-season athletes who cannot devote 3 days a week to resistance training. You'll be fine. When you're not, adjust.

I just finished my first week of TM. Today, (intensity day) was a complete failure. I dont think TM is going to work on me. I was getting waay ahead of myself thinking about modifying it before I even tried it out standard.

For fuck sake, you failed your first week?

You're right, it's probably not going to work for. You would most likely benefit more from a ME/DE split or maybe 5/3/1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    I just finished my first week of TM. Today, (intensity day) was a complete failure. I dont think TM is going to work on me. I was getting waay ahead of myself thinking about modifying it before I even tried it out standard.
    Talking about getting way ahead of yourself...
    I just finished my first week of TM.

How was it a failure?

starting strength coach development program
    I dont think TM is going to work on me.
    It's not the program, it's you. You were too ambitious with your starting weights, unless you suddenly and inexplicably stopped eating and/or sleeping.