starting strength gym

Thread: my 10th workout after 1 1/2 year of the shoulder stabilization surgery

Default my 10th workout after 1 1/2 year of the shoulder stabilization surgery

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello, I started SS, of course I did not do it right at first and I think I am still doing it wrong, reading the book is on my schedule.

well, here is the thing I created the post for, I am 27 now, wight 99Kg, 178cm, here is my log http://www.withfit.com/vieq/profile

I spent the last 5 workouts fixing the wights on hope of getting used it and to feel I am ready to add more, how ever my plan still not going as I am expecting.

I felt so sore today, perhaps cause I did not rest after work.

what I am missing here?

I can't figure out the weights used on that website...

Have you been sleeping a lot? How long after your workout did you get sore? If you still have a good 24-36 hours before your next workout, don't worry about it. Soreness is normal when you get adapted to training 3 times per week, but eventually, you won't be sore often. I'm only sore in the lower back when I deadlift nowadays.

If it's soreness in the legs that makes it hurt when you sit down, then don't worry about that, it's the most normal soreness ever for beginner squatters and you won't get that often provided you don't miss any squatting workouts since you need to adapt to squatting often.
    Last edited by Beltshumeltz; 06-12-2010 at 11:26 PM.

the web site is using pounds even when I set it to kilogram's, what I meant by soreness is this; this is the fifth workout with the very same wight in order to get along with it "at least that's how I imagine it", but still they feel like they are the same.

My right shoulder "the one I got the surgery for"; well I asked my therapist before I started to train again, is that am I ready or not, he told me that I am ready and I should be already training, that motivated me.

but still, I feel that my right shoulder is still weaker than my left or perhaps it's mental fear, I do not know.

Eating a ton and doing GOMAD seemed to help me with soreness.

Similar shoulder surgery, and people still notice it when I bench. I can't tell, but when people spot me, they say there is a slight difference. I figure it will eventually get there. As long as the weight gets to were it needs to, I don't worry about it too much.

Lift big and eat big and you'll get results.

Thanks Jonathan, I will try to make some videos for form checkup's and read the SS book as fast as I can.