starting strength gym

Thread: Benny's log

Default Benny's log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Well, after being a weak xfer for a while, I got into O-lifting for a bit. Decided I was weak and moved on to do starting strength for the summer until I am confident enough with my strength to go back to o-lifting. I never write my stuff down because I'm an amatuer idiot, so this works. Been doing SS for about 2 months now. Started x-fit about a year ago at a sedentary, fat and weak 240#. 6'1 225 right now. We'll see how this looks by August - I'm hoping to hit intermediate right around then.

June 12th:
    Squat 295x5x3
    Press 135x5x3
    P. clean 205x3x5.

June 14th
    Squat 300x5x3
    Bench 210x5x3
    Dead 315x5

Those numbers from wearing O-lift shoes while you squat? If so then you may want to learn to properly squat rather than cheat. Let me guess you work out in a garage in the rain all the time too? Weak power cleans, grow up.

Thanks Shane. And yes, it was humid in the garage today.

Squat: 305x5x2 (failed third set). Didn't feel recovered despite triple baconator intake.
    P. clean: 210x3x5
    Press: 135x3x5.

Repeated press due to a sore shoulder over the last few days. Was worried I wouldn't hit it. Big mistake, as it was too easy. Ah well, it will give me the slack for 140 no problem next time.

My home comp is on the fritz, hence the delay in posting.

Monday: Squat 305x5x3 (easy, got my bounce back)
    Bench 215x5x3
    Dead 325x5

Wed: Squat 310x5x3. All good
    Press 140x5x1, x3. Failed on 4th rep. Recurring shoulder problems over the last week due to a stupid injury which I wont get into here. Shut it down after the fail. Was way too pissed off and upset to clean. Massage booked.
    Last edited by abenn; 06-25-2010 at 01:55 AM.