starting strength gym

Thread: I think I jumped into intermediate programming too soon.

Default I think I jumped into intermediate programming too soon.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey guys,

I could use some insight and suggestions on my current training. I started SS back in February and I'm currently on the Texas method. Back then when I was doing SS I kinda pussy out and when shit felt heavy I sometimes decided to just lower the weight or repeat a workout. My squat has been reseted two times at around 265, and when that second time happened I decided to move on into the Texas method without even trying the Advance novice phase.

What I'm trying to get at is if i should reset to the advance novice progression with my current numbers,

Well here they are, by the way I'm only doing Texas method programming on my squat as my presses are low and are still progressing on a day to day manner

Squat: 300x1, 295x2
    Bench:155x5
    Press:100x4
    Deadlift:335x5

and heres my current log if you'd like to check it out. http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=16996

In a quick note, I know those are low numbers but seriously when looking and thinking back about my training i was a big pussy when increasing weight, but this last month has kind of help me to rethink about it and be more aggressive about it like when i did that 300x1 squat. It felt heavy as fuck but decided to stop being such a vagina and do it. And guess what I did it. So i guess it was just mentally that's why i think i can make more progress on the advance novice phase.. Thanks.

If you think you can make more progress with linear progression, then do it. You know SS works, so just start it up again.

Yeah, i think i should start today. I was suppose to do intensity today but what do you think would be a good starting number for the advance novice progression as i did 260x5x5 last monday? Oh and i forgot to mention that i am 5'6-5'7ish and around 185lbs

i just had a solid 265x5x3 on the squat.

Good for you. I'd keep eating and go 5 lb increments and maybe do twice/week.

starting strength coach development program
    That is pretty much the plan.