starting strength gym

Thread: Knee sleeves your experiences

Default Knee sleeves your experiences

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So part of my Monday workout is Squats 5x5 for volume so its heavy.Then the rest of the week my knees (the outside part) are sore and I heard sleeves could help with that I would like to get a set that mainly keeps the knee warm. I understand that wraps and sleeves can i pounds to you lift but i dont want that. Any suggestions. Thank You

i have the TK knee bands. they are cheap and i like them.

Quote Originally Posted by milesdyson View Post
    i have the TK knee bands. they are cheap and i like them.
    Exactly how I feel

I've been using TK bands for a few weeks now, and they're fantastic.

Sore Knees?

Have you considered something crazy like, reducing the weight and fixing your form? Or cycling the intensity? Or even letting yourself heal a bit?

Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertFontaine View Post
    Sore Knees?

Have you considered something crazy like, reducing the weight and fixing your form? Or cycling the intensity? Or even letting yourself heal a bit?

Just asking.
    Knee soreness does not mean poor form, too heavy of weight, or needed time off. It can mean these things, but is not always the case.

My knees are often sore after higher volume workouts, but say if I'm going for a new 1-3rm they often aren't.

I use the blue Rehband knee sleeves and love them. They make my knees feel glorious.

-Hat

Another vote for TK bands, I love the warmth of these things.

I got some ACE wraps from Rite Aid that have been swell. They were basically the most supportive sleeves they had without going to a brace-type deal with some sort of stay on the side to immobilize the knee (probably not the best choice for squatting). Heavy-ass breathable elastic with a perforated neoprene pad over the patella. I have one iffy meniscus and the other knee occasionally has similar complaints, although it's undiagnosed; the sleeves have made a big diff in comfort. I'm about 5'11, two bills, and the size large fits well.

I recently started using knee sleeves after reading several good things from this board. I got cheap neoprene ones, similar to TK's, and I love them. I know they add absolutely nothing to the amount of weight I can lift, as I can feel little to no resistance flexing my knees in a sitting position.

As stated in SS, however, they add warmth and increase proprioception; I'm much more aware of my knees and their position than without the sleeves. I believe this increased awareness has helped my form significantly. I highly recommend.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the info guys I ordered some they should be here in a few days excited to try them out and see how they feel.