Default Back on the wagon

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    25-years-old
    5'9"
    205 lbs
    Estimated 21%-25% bodyfat

Following the general John Sheaffer method of fat+carb partitioning.

6/20/10
    Squats
    135 x 5
    135 x 5
    135 x 5

Bench
    135 x 5
    135 x 5
    135 x 5

Deadlift
    185 x 5
    Last edited by TempestTenor; 06-22-2010 at 10:06 PM.

6/22/10
    Squats
    145 x 5
    145 x 5
    145 x 5

Seated Overhead Press
    95 x 5
    95 x 5
    95 x 5

Hang Cleans
    95 x 5
    95 x 5
    95 x 5

I picked a hell of a week to start lifting again. I'll be out of town for 11-12 days starting this Saturday. Going to the Barbershop Harmony Society's International Convention in Philadelphia. Going to work out at the hotel's gym (Hampton Inn) though I doubt they'll have a squat/power rack. I should be able to do all the other lifts.

Also going to cut the upcoming 2-day rest to 1-day and move Sunday's workout up to Saturday so that I can get another one in with proper equipment.

6/24/10
    Squat
    155 x 5
    155 x 5
    155 x 5

Bench
    140 x 5
    140 x 5
    140 x 5

Deadlift
    205 x 5

As promised, a workout on Saturday on one day's rest. Next workout should be back to the regular schedule on Tuesday.

6/26/10
    Squats
    165 x 5
    165 x 5
    165 x 5

Seated OHP
    100 x 5
    100 x 5
    100 x 5

Hang Cleans
    100 x 5
    100 x 5
    100 x 5

Subbed. I'm about a month ahead of you, started with similar stats.

Quote Originally Posted by TempestTenor View Post
    I picked a hell of a week to start lifting again. I'll be out of town for 11-12 days starting this Saturday. Going to the Barbershop Harmony Society's International Convention in Philadelphia. Going to work out at the hotel's gym (Hampton Inn) though I doubt they'll have a squat/power rack. I should be able to do all the other lifts.

Also going to cut the upcoming 2-day rest to 1-day and move Sunday's workout up to Saturday so that I can get another one in with proper equipment.

No way! My dad's a lifer in BHS (formerly SPEBSQSA). He's barbershp nuts! I went to the convention with him when it was here in Indy. He does quartets, chorus, Harmony Brigade, even some arranging.

He's going to be at the convention - his chorus made it to international this year, and he's pretty stoked to be singing on the big stage. Heard them the other night, they sound pretty darned good. Cheer for Indy if you think of it.

What chapter are you from?

Subbed. I'm about a month ahead of you, started with similar stats.
    Sweet. This is like my 3rd attempt at the program (embarassing, I know). I just can't seem to get past 225 or so on the Squat and Deadlift. I've plateaued there a number of times and I eventually get frustrated and stop. I've been inactive for 2 months and I'm tired of being a slob. I'm going to stick with it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeylikey View Post
    No way! My dad's a lifer in BHS (formerly SPEBSQSA). He's barbershp nuts! I went to the convention with him when it was here in Indy. He does quartets, chorus, Harmony Brigade, even some arranging.

He's going to be at the convention - his chorus made it to international this year, and he's pretty stoked to be singing on the big stage. Heard them the other night, they sound pretty darned good. Cheer for Indy if you think of it.

What chapter are you from?
    Double sweet! I was at Indy too. My college quartet, Four's Complement, sang in the college contest that year. I'm from SLD and I'll be singing with the Batavia Vocal Agenda on stage in Philly. I'll be sure to cheer for the Indy chapter!

I'm moving to the Wilmington, DE area in the next month or so. Depending on exactly where I end up living, I'll sing with either Dundalk MD or Hamilton Square NJ. Do you do any singing yourself? What's your Dad's name?

Unfortunately the Hampton Inn's fitness room is basically the size of a regular hotel room with a couple of treadmills, some small dumbbells, and a universal cable apparatus thing.

Fortunately, there's a Sweat Fitness down the street from the convention center and I was able to get a free 7-day trial there.

Unfortunately there's only one power rack there and the weights feel "lighter than they are." The lifts just felt a little too easy. This was also the case when I worked out at a Bally's for a week a little while back. The barbells are shorter so perhaps they're not 45lbs.

I missed Tuesday's workout because I didn't have time to go to the "real" gym after finding out that the hotel's fitness room sucked. I worked out the next day instead.

6/29/10
    Squats
    175 x 5
    175 x 5
    175 x 5

Bench
    145 x 5
    145 x 5
    145 x 5

Deadlift
    225 x 5

starting strength coach development program
    Worked out at Sweat Fitness again today. Still not convinced that the weights actually weigh as advertised.

Squat
    185 x 5
    185 x 5
    185 x 3 Lost my concentration at the bottom of the fourth rep and never got out of the hole. I definitely could have finished the set, but I just had a momentary fuck up...so I did another set
    185 x 5

Overhead Press (standing!)
    105 x 5
    105 x 5
    105 x 5

Power Clean
    135 x 3
    135 x 3
    135 x 3
    135 x 3
    135 x 3

Yes I know this isn't doing the program, but I was tired of doing hang cleans when I know that I can handle real power cleans at 135 off the floor. I figured the weights were slightly lighter at the gym anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast