starting strength gym

Thread: Texas Method on the Road

Default Texas Method on the Road

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I will be traveling shortly and would like to train during that time. I am on the Texas method and here's what I have to work with as far as days go:

Sunday
    Monday
    Wednesday
    Thursday

Unfortunately, I won't be able to workout for a few days after Thursday, so the above is all I have. I am thinking of volume on Sunday, recovery on Monday, and intensity on Thursday. Recovery could go on Wednesday, but I'd rather be well rested when going for PRs. Seem reasonable? Any other ideas?

How long will you be gone on the road? The 5/3/1 program should work just fine under these constraints.

I'm not doing 5/3/1. I'm on the road for about 9 or 10 days and I am primarily interested in where people like to put their recovery days when given a choice between right after volume, or right before intensity. Obviously, I could do something completely different during the time that I am away, but my circumstances should allow me to lift in the evenings.

I would recommend either not doing the recovery day at all and giving yourself 2 days of rest in between Volume and Intensity or do Recovery on the day prior to Intensity.

So Monday/Thursday, or Sunday/Wednesday/Thursday.

If you opt for doing the recovery day on Wed just make sure it's very light. Some people can get away with doing 90% on their Recovery days, but I'd recommend doing something in the neighborhood of 75-80%.

-Hat