235 5x3

Deadlift
    Bar 5x3
    135 5x2
    225 5x1
    315 1x7

Pull ups to failure

Weighted cable situps 5x5 @ 190lbs

Now the entire week since last wednesday he has eaten clean, cautious, and well. If this guy had a serious weakness for pizza and junkfood could he get away with using Wednesday as his cheat day? The workout would be done after a day of rest and in the morning, all other workouts for the week are done between 1930-2145.

I am working on cutting body fat but I would like to eat some garbage food at some point because, well, I love nasty garbage food.

Thanks for you input

Drew

Are you adding pizza or are you eliminating something else and substituting pizza? All else being equal, the number of calories can be more significant than the composition of the calories, so long as you're getting enough protein and not going to extremes.

What is current bf%? It's easier to cut if % is high, so details might be less important.

The best advice is probably to try it for a while. If you were improving and the improvement stops, the change was a bad idea.

WTF is "30 minute tabata bike?"

All else being equal, the number of calories can be more significant than the composition of the calories
    Not necessarily, emphasise quality first, then quantity, you ca still gain fat if you eat less calories than you expend as carbs can cause excess insulin. With good quality you are sometimes able to gain weight and better bodycomposition.

Sorry that was slightly off topic as this is regarding cheat meals, weakly cheat meals tend to depend on whether the diet is low carb or higher carb. On higher carb diets ie not keto once a week of a higher carb da can be effective but theese are clean carbs and low fat is eaten. However on keto sometimes a cheat meal of bad food can be eaten once a week.
    Also it depends on the persons body, i know i could get away with eating relatively clean and still drop bodyfat if diet is se up fairly good, but my friend may be messed up by one cheat meal.

Check out shelby starnes q and a search on elite fts cheat meal

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?a=search&tid=
    Last edited by beast; 06-28-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Keto diet is a different beast.

A cheat meal is calories, just like any other meal. More calories will tend to add a bit of weight, all things being equal, but one meal a weak is not likely to add that much. It's more likely to be rounding error.

I continue to believe trying things like this is better than blindly relying on random people on the internet. People have been eating pizza for years and very few have been seriously injured by it.

The whole insulin response theory so popular with the low carb crowd is far from clear. For example http://blog.nutritiondata.com/ndblog...esistance.html In any event, we're talking about one meal a week, not three meals a day.
    Last edited by rdp; 06-29-2010 at 04:14 AM.