starting strength gym

Thread: Nutrition Book?

Default Nutrition Book?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    If I were to purchase a book on nutrition for lifting and body composition, you know, something to help me become more knowledgable on keeping body fat down while growing solid, quality muscle, what book should I get? Searching amazon for nutrition books is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, except all of the hay is bullshit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks guys.

There is an amazing amount of bullshit, and lack of agreement, in nutrition. There is no universally agreed answer that works for everyone.

Eat real food that includes lots of protein (at least 1g/lb). Eat enough to support muscle gain and recovery without adding too much fat. Find out how much that is by experimenting. Real food means found in nature rather than made in factories. Don't obsess over details. There are no magic solutions.

Try reading the articles on this site: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

Thanks Rdp. I know the protien/lb stuff. That I have down pretty well, I think. I am just looking to become a little more knowledgeable in this area. I will definitely be looking at that website. Thanks for the input.

whoa whoa whoa, isn't this guy like our arch enemy or something? I just want to make sure, cuz i know for a fact that I spent a couple hours reading about how he is a douche bag and everyone hates him. Also, he doesn't look anything like I would want to look like.............

There's a lot of hate here for him due to a stupid pissing contest he got into with Rip. He was wrong. He's also not a heavy duty lifter. These things don't detract from his knowlege of nutrition. BTW, he was very much in favor around here until the stupid pissing contest. I doubt he lost all nutritional knowlege.

No one is right about everything or has the right answer for everyone. If you want more knowlege about nutrition, he's a great source. Just don't believe everything you read.

There's a lot of bro-science and bad information by people who look very strong. Some are knowlegable, many are clueless or selling something.

Thanks man. I have been reading some of the stuff over there for about an hour now. It is definitely stuff I didn't know. Some of it I wonder about. Yeah, I noticed he wasn't a heavy duty lifter when I saw that picture of him doing a deadlift, lol. That was when I really started wondering how he could possibly be arguing with Rip about lifting anything. Thanks again bro.

I think the best stuff is the precsion nutrition stuff from John Berdadi. i wouldn't neccesarily buy the stuff becuase a lot of its in articles and such. I've heard good things about Shelby starnes also, however his dieting methods are very anal and this sometimes isn't neccesary to go from 25% to 15%, which most people if they have some muscle and are true 15% it's not fat at all.

Personally my favourite way to diet gain or loose ect, is find the calorie level then eat 2/3 to half your bodyweight in carbs together pre and post workout. Then eat your bodyweight in protein or slightly more spread over how many meals you eat, I think at least 4 is good, though snacks are good. Then calculate the fat in the protein ie steak has protein and fat, but tuna no fat and depending. Calculate the calories from protein g*4, carbs g*4 and fat g*9 and then eat other fat to get to the calorie level you desire.

starting strength coach development program
    Google Stella's Kitchen cookbook, its a bodybuilding nutrition cookbook. Very heathy!