starting strength gym

Thread: Reset after getting squat down?

Default Reset after getting squat down?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Alright, so I've been doing this program (probably YNDTP in some way though) for about 3 months now. I was progressing quite well with both presses, but I could not get good depth on my squat. Now, I think I'm getting better on the squat, but now I'm running out of energy by the time I do the presses. Not sure if this makes any sense.

I have been doing better form squats for the past 2 or 3 weeks now. However, I haven't been able to get any of my press lifts. I can do slightly less weight, but not the weight that I should be doing.

So, should I reset my other lifts?

Are you eating enough?

Quote Originally Posted by rdp View Post
    Are you eating enough?
    Hmm, I try to get at least 150g of protein a day. But other than that, I'm not sure what I'm eating. I am a bit overweight (fat-wise - I'm sure my body fat is over 20), so I figured I could cut the carbs a bit. I'm also 35, so I'm probably not burning tons of calories. It's really difficult to tell if I'm eating enough or not.

Conventional wisdom is that you need a caloric surplus to build muscle and keep progressing on lifts. As a random example, see http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=17452

There is a tremendous amount of conflicting information on the general subject.

You might want to read up on nutrition. I'm fond of http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    There's a lot of good information, even if the author is hated by many on this forum for largely good reasons.