starting strength gym

Thread: strange injury need help

Default strange injury need help

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi guys,

I am a footballer (soccer) who is currently in pre-season training. Recently I have picked up a niggling injury. Its in the groinal area although doesnt seem to react like a normal groin strain. I can stretch and feel no pain, I don't remember any specific incident where it happened. I do not feel it at all when I lift or when I am not running and when I am running I only feel it over about half-3 quarter pace. Strangly to start with when I sprinted the pain was less, however it now hurts.

The pain is like a sharp pain which starts in the area and shoots down my inner thigh. It hurts when I lift my leg forward and back during running, but not when i go side step from side to side. It hurts a little when I pass a football with the inside of my foot, but in this case it seems to hurt more when I pull it back.

The pain is located quite low and where I the line on the left hand side would be if i had a V like one of those pretty boy model types with 3% bodyfat.

It's located where the x is here:
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/368f7890b9.jpg

Anyone have any ideas? I have a game tomorrow which I am going to play in and see how it feels.

Do I need to stop training and rest (Am reluctent to do this as its pre season and need fitness). Do I need to stop lifting? Do I just train through it?

What do you guys think?

Thanks
    Jamie

Why dont you ask your coach?

(assuming you have one) He will be experienced with common soccer injuries and how to deal with them.