Hi ya’ll

So I’m going on vacation, the last days have been quite hard because of the hot (almost 40°)…anyway I’m reading PPST and planning my Texas. Needless to say, as I come back to the gym in Sept. I’ll have to work to reach the point I left so I’ll do a mini-linear cycle of 3x5 ramping.
Just talking about Texas, I’ve read the chapter on the Intermediate and I truly think one could simply stay at this level for a lot of time (years maybe) only manipulating the variables (sets/reps/exercises). In fact, the other systems in the book (Starr medium-heavy-light etc.) are explained for variety and to avoid boredom.
I could start with the classic template, say, 5x5 volume – 2x5 recovery – 1x3max intensity…as we know. As loads go up I could switch to dynamic work on Friday and as the weights become stressful to maintain the volume session on Monday I can do dynamic work on Monday and maybe 5x1 on Friday. Then, for variety, I could change something while maintaining this scheme, so maybe Push Press in place of Press and Pin Pull in place of Deadlift….and so on. I could work a little in the hypertrophy “ideal” rep-range and do the volume day with (?) 5x10 or 4x12 - 5x8 or 6x6 …Then returning to the old classicTexas. All this work needs several months or years I guess (we don’t live in the gym so I expect some time off the training due to little problems or family/job difficulties).
That’s to say that, at this point of the intermediate level we have so many opportunities to try and experiment before ever going to the next level (advanced) especially if (like me) we are not powerlifters and don’t compete in anything.

I’ll start in September and the changes outlined above (well, in the book) are the ones I’m going to do as the Texas will be on the run. I’m going to write a log and I hope I can have your help.

These lines were just to share my thoughts with you guys on the potentiality of this simple and appealing training system.
Have a good summer!