starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift injury

Default Deadlift injury

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I was warming up to DL 325 yesterday.I was on my last warmup set of 275lb when i heard a pop from my lower ribs on the left as i inhaled and thrust my chest up to get into position at the bottom. Couldnt deadlift anymore due to the pain. Couldnt OHP or do dips either.

No bruising, but it hurts to take a full breath and also hurts to get up when lying down. Has anyone else had this injury? How long before i can start working out again? There is a dull pain when i press down on the area and there is also a small swelling.

intercostal strain or tear. If it is a tear like mine expect that it won't start to heal till you take a solid 2 weeks without aggrivating it, then start back light. Do whatever workouts you can. I still squatted heavy with mine, but deadlifting anything was out of the question. Once I was able to get back to working out properly I have had no more issues with it. Funny, i was deadlifting 275 when it happened.

thanks for the info mazda.

2 weeks?
    Doing squats might be difficult. right now, i cant even breathe or take a sh** without my side hurting let alone hold a valsalva. should have warmed up better. damn damn damn

It's probably just a strain- tears are excruciating.

baby it- I got a groin pull on a warm up set, tried to finish my workout and go to work (physical job) and It just doubled my recovery time

same with tendonitis- rest ice and compression and take the time. youlll know but dont rush it. Also- the articles on Starr rehab protocol are pretty helpful.

I tried working through it for 3 weeks with constant failure. I then took 2 weeks completely off and a week to slowly work back up. The initial 3 weeks was stupid.

Glad I found this thread. I just had the same thing happen last Wednesday, but on my 3rd pull of 5 with 290. I skipped Friday's session and have been pounding fish oil and glucosamine plus taking advil and aleve pretty regularly. Made it back to the gym this morning. I felt some pain while warming up squats, but nothing too bad. Until I got to my last warmup set. I can't imagine waterboarding being any worse than that pain. My knees were bouncing all over the place trying to get the weight up. And that was only 200lbs. I decided to go ahead and skip to the press. Same deal, warmups were fine until the final warmup. Luckily I didn't drop the bar on my head at full extension. We're heading out of town for a week next week so I'll plan on taking the rest of this week off and rest up for a couple of weeks. This really sucks because I was actually making good progress. My squats were actually feeling lighter although I was adding 5lbs each time. Also, I don't know if it's related but the day after this happened, I tried my belt on and it was too tight at my usual setting so I either got bloated from milk or there's some swelling. The belt was still a little tight this morning, but I could wear it.

Yeah, this one does suck. You have been progressing and you'll progress again after you let it heal. Keep upt he good eats whiel you're off and you'll be back as strong as ever... just take your time working back into deads and PC's.

My wife thought it might be costochondritis, but either way I'll take the time off. PCs are weak for me since I'm still working on the form, I also tweaked my bicep last time (an old tear that was repaired). Damn it sucks getting "old".

You need a solid GOMAD and linear progression. That's how you get to big lifts and look like a real man.

starting strength coach development program
    Max, your trolling is getting weak. You need to bump up the creativity.