starting strength gym

Thread: Pulled Rhomboid?

Default Pulled Rhomboid?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    accidentally posted this over in "training" initially.

Forsaken by the gods of iron, I had a painful popping/clicking/crunching sensation/sound between my shoulder blades while OHP'ing yesterday. I'm thinking it's the Rhomboid, but i'm not sure.

I can shrug without pain, and i can bring my scapulae together and experience only a stiffness/soreness, but raising my head up while lying on my stomach to ice the area resulted in the kind of groan that can only be elicited by an absolute paingasm. The epicenter appears to be over the spine around the C7,T1, T2 area (hard to tell), though the whole area between the scapulae and about half way up my neck locks up. Basically the entire upper back between the scapulae, excluding the traps.

If the injury is muscular in nature, is this the correct area for the Rhomboid?

Obviously, this happened on the 3rd set of warm-ups with about 115 pounds. God forbid I get injured while PR'ing, or doing something totally awesome.

30 y/o male
    6'3" 215lbs

Update for archival purposes, and people actually using the search function:

Yeah. pulled Rhomboids.