starting strength gym

Thread: shoulder pain

Default shoulder pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey guys,
    I injured my shoulder early in June doing squats. Ever since then my left shoulder hurts when I do the presses or the cleans. After injuring myself i decided to stop for 4 weeks. It seemed to have worked, i went back to training and was able to do the presses. However the next work out my shoulder started to hurt again during presses/cleans. Did I jump the gun and start training too soon? It's been hurting since and its been almost 2 months now. I haven't been doing the presses but have been continuing the cleans which are I think hurting my shoulder. So I think I may stop doing the cleans too.

In the meantime I'm not sure what other exercises I should do. Ive been doing pull-ups which surprisingly don't hurt and some ab exercises. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe you could run down the list and tell us which ones aggrivate it:

squat
    dead
    press
    bench
    pc - you already said this hurts

I have had a bum shoulder for abotu 4-5 months now. It sucks, but I'm finally able to start some bench press again if I keep REALLY tight and slow it down.

Take a month off and do the Starr rehab protocol, starting with LIGHT weights that you can press for sets of 25-30. (Might be as light as 10-15 pounds if your shoulder is messed up)