starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would u consider this hip drive?

Default Would u consider this hip drive?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Recently broke a PR and it was a hellish grind. I'm still tightening up my form the best I can.

The one thing that's bugging me is the position of my knees at the bottom of the squat. I don't feel I'm losing tightness on my hamstrings, as I feel the "bounce", but I'm not sure if that's considered being loose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzUFcEXtvRc

I might be going down aggressive, but I felt that if I slowed down, I would've lose the momentum and get stuck at the bottom. Also for reference, I'm a fan of AC's squatting over at 70sbig.com

On a side note, I'm itching to get a pair of rips .5" shoe when they have my size back on stock. That will probably fix this issue, if any.

Looked really good to me. Maybe not the last rep, but it was a PR, so.

I don't know how serious it is, but I'm pretty sure your knees are meant to be fixed in place by about halfway into the descent and stay there until you reach the same place on the way up.

Your knees drift back at the bottom as you activate your hips and then they even drift forward again after that before finally move back into the standing position.

Looked very strong. But its probably best your try to prevent your knees sliding forwards like that. If you get the whole tightness thing right, it will help you back up even if the descent looks slower.

I loved the end.

I don't see a problem with his knees. As long as it's not sliding forward at the very bottom of the squat, he's fine. I think.

I think when I get the rips or the rouges it would fix/help with this issue.

I've been using the squats at 70sbig for reference, and they look tight as hell. Before I would come to the gym with fresh legs and try to mimic them, but these past few weeks there's a PR staring me at the face and I'm just giving it my all.
    Last edited by Jawlz; 08-14-2010 at 05:52 PM.

There is a ton of wobble at the bottom and some forward and back knee movement. Not nice.

those look like fine squats to me. you've got a strange little dance you do while getting under the bar. whatever works.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Daniel View Post
    There is a ton of wobble at the bottom and some forward and back knee movement. Not nice.
    I see ur point, I think I'm loosening up when I get pass the hole. Gonna try to keep this in check next session

Quote Originally Posted by misspelledgeoff View Post
    those look like fine squats to me. you've got a strange little dance you do while getting under the bar. whatever works.
    Getting in the "mode" haha

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawlz View Post
    I see ur point, I think I'm loosening up when I get pass the hole. Gonna try to keep this in check next session
    I see a lot of people doing something similar around here, but I really have no idea of why that happens and how to fix it as it never had anything similar happening to me. Best of luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast