starting strength gym

Thread: Hey, buddy...BACK OFF!!

Default Hey, buddy...BACK OFF!!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Taking back off weeks has allowed me to get better. I was nearly fucking crippled in my knees for months and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Simply going too heavy too often. I've taken an entire cycle/month off from full squatting, just doing sumo deadlifts and some box squat. Had a back off week with some high bar squats and have had a full work week with both high and low bar, working up to heavy singles quite frequently. Knees are feeling fantastic. Better than they have in years. Just two months ago I couldn't run or jump at all, or even crouch down because of the pain. It was mostly both my quad tendons, but the entire joints were just overused and inflamed and feeling awful. But now everything's just about 100%. I plan to stay healthy by squatting heavy no more than twice per week and sometimes just once, and taking a serious deload week at the end of every three to six-week cycle.

Gary,

I have had the same experiences with inflamed knees. I agree with what you have said and done. However if you havn't tried a foam roller, you should. Foam rollling is can make a huge difference as well.

Slide Man

Gary, I think you've been doing too many Slomov cycles. And I guess they come with a price tag. I think, on more regular cycles your ligaments and joints would have had time to adapt.

I'm very glad to hear that your knees are better, Gary. Now keep them that way!