starting strength gym

Thread: My left knee hurts

Default My left knee hurts

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    My left knee hurts on the anterior lateral part of my knee cap. That is the only thing that hurts me when I squat, jump, run, etc. It hurts when I put pressure right on surface, it's not a pain deep inside my knee. What do I do?

What portion of the knee cap does "lateral" refer to (I don't do physiology vocab, except anterior, because I like to talk about my anterior delts)? First thought when I hear it's pain on the surface that hurts when you jump is patellar tendinitis.

Unless "lateral" refers to some abnormal location where the patellar tendon does not exist, I would try some NSAIDS and ice.

Lateral means to the outside of your body. So the left edge of my left kneecap.

sucks man, I got the same thing, very difficult to diagnose over the internet.

I read the bulletproof knees manual, gave some generalisms but ultimately need to go to the doc to get it looked at. I got a MRI scan due at 6pm today. So hopefully they could tell me there and then what;s wrong. This isa huge bummer as I haven't been squtting for weeks and weeks because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by BCS View Post
    Lateral means to the outside of your body. So the left edge of my left kneecap.
    Looks like it's mainly tendon and bone there. I'd go ahead and try some ice and NSAIDs and see if that helps, not sure what it could be though.