starting strength gym

Thread: How long did it take you to get on the better side of skinny fat?

Default How long did it take you to get on the better side of skinny fat?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Aimed at the skinnyfats, like myself who always had a big gut but stick thin arms.

How long did it take you to get on the better side of it, like when your midsection is small compared to the rest and you finally have thick arms and shoulders?

Does it never happen for some folks?

When I stopped being a pussy, begun lifting heavy weights on a consistent basis and started to eat like a man!

I swam growing up until I was 18 so I always had a decent chest to waist ratio even if I was a little pudgy. Arms were pretty rough, legs weren't too bad. When I went to college, I actually didn't gain the Freshman 15, I lost 15 lbs so I was 6' and about 150. And still fat. Something clicked one day when I decided I would do something. I went back to the lifting program I learned in highschool which was pyramid squats and some accessory lower body exercises for day A, and then bench, press and back exercises for day B. Of course, I threw in curlz for the gurlz. After a few false starts I started making some decent gains and got back to my old HS PRs in a couple of months. I'd say after a good 6 months, I felt like I was no longer a skinny tub. Soon after moving off campus I got a job at the campus gym so working out became very convenient.

The way these kids eat, they'll never be on the better side of fat. On this board you're a badass if you struggle to squat 250 while being a 250 pound tub of lard.