starting strength gym

Thread: Project HENCH

Default Project HENCH

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Greetings all.

I have been training on and off for a while, so am fairly aquainted with the iron lifestyle.

Anyway, my aim, as my title says, is to get fucking HENCH without any needless restriction, which is why I placed my log under general training - I don't need any really stringent routines or guidelines to get where I want.

And i've decided that I don't even like squatting that much, which is why i'm going to cut back and do it 'every other day'.

I will train what I want, when I want and will use more than 3-4 exercises.

My primary aim is to develop a balanced muscular, athletic, fit physqiue with raw strength, power and explosivenss whilst keeping my bodyfat between 10-15% at all times.

That's why i'm going to focus on the big lifts, plyos and HIIT.

That being said, I do enjoy loading up on No2 and blasting my pecs from time to time so EZ bars and cables are not entirely out of the question.

Stats:

6'
    Just over 80kg

It's 1:30am and i've been training for five days in a row yet i'm still full of energy. So much in fact that I just decided to do some push ups.

70 push ups.
    Not bad considering I trained chest this afternoon and on Saturday. I'm going to leave it at that though, want to serve some energy as I might do some dead lifting tomorrow.

Though I think I may go for a walk/run around the block right now.

Today:

Came across this thing on another site called the 'dead lift challenge' where a user posted a video of themselves dead-lifting at 80kg for as many times as they could and challenged people to beat it. Thought I might give it a shot:

Did two warm up sets -

40kg 1x8
    60kg 1x5

I managed 80kg for a grand total of 22 reps. I didn't beat the challengers 36 reps, but they were bigger than me and looked like they had been training a while (This is assuming they were natural) so I didn't care.

It was touch and go, but the person in the video used the same style.

I was still extremely pleased with my reps and looking around the gym people were taken a back, I even caught the eye of one the hot personal trainers.

Though I am a little annoyed about doing the warm up. If I hadn't I could've definitely squeezed out a few more working reps.

Took a ten minute breather cause I thought I would pass out, then thought I might as well test my chin and dip maxes at bodyweight while i'm there.

Managed 13 strict chin ups.
    21 dips, but only after a few 'warm up' sets. I don't know why but my dips always suck on the first few sets. And then suddenly I will manage twice as many. Weird, I never have this problem with chins.

Might try out my pull up max next time i'm at the gym.

Finished off with some bicep curls.

All in all, a good work out. I am extremely pleased with my progress.
    Last edited by Age_of_Aquarius; 09-22-2010 at 10:27 AM.