starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My starting strength log

Default My starting strength log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi all,
    My name is Per and I am from Sweden. I have always been thin and weak, so I decided to start working out. I have a friend who recommended that I only do bench deadlift and squat and thats how I found this program.

I started before the summer but had to take a break due to traveling so in my mind this is the real start.

Goals: My goal is to squat 80 kg deadlift 110 kg and bench 60 kg and power clean 65 kg before new year. I also want to gain some weight, the goal here is over 80 kg. Right now I weight 73 kg, I started out at 65, so almost a 10 kg gain in a couple of weeks.

I have been doing SS for a month and right now my squat is up to 62.5 deadlift 82.5 powerclean 45 and bench 40. The weights are still light, but all in good time =)

Yesterdays workout:
    Workout A
    squat 55
    benchpress:42.5 fail rep 4, 2x5 40
    deadlift: 80

I had eaten really bad during the day and was abit stressed about exams. This workout was terrible, next one will be better!

Workout B:
    3x5 Squat: A friend helped me with my technique the other day, told me I lifted to much with my back and didnt use my hips. So I lowered the weights to 57.5 and focused on hip drive. The squat felt much better!

3x5 Press: 30kg, going to up add weight here

5x3 Power cleans, 45, going to add weight here aswell

Celebrated the good workout with milk and meat!

Messed up today, first decided to change my schedule to mon, wed, fri then did workout B instead of A. Ah well

Workout B
    3x5 Squat 3x5 60, adding weight, form still feels good. No strain on the back at all.

3x5 Press 3x5 30 kg, forgot to add weight, felt easy

5x3 Power cleans 2x3 47.5, 3x3 45 couldnt catch the bar properly at 47.5. Decided it was to heavy.

The workout took forever, had to wait for some guys who curled in the powe rrack. And when I powercleaned a guy decided to stand next to me and pose. Fucking annoying people at my gym
    Last edited by Per; 10-11-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Workout A
    3x5 Squat 3x5 62.5
    3x5 Bench Press 3x5 42.5
    1x5 Deadlift 82.5

comments: FINALLY added weight to the bench press. Squat and deadlift felt good. Tried mixed grip on deadlift, but started wondering should I always lift with the same grip or change between sets?

Workout B
    3x5 Squat 2x5 65, 1x3 65
    3x5 Press 32.5 kg
    5x3 Power cleans 47.5

comments: failed rep 3 of last set of squats so not going to add weight here. Press and cleans was heavy, but going to try and add weight

Workout A
    3x5 Squat 3x5 65
    3x5 Bench Press 45, 4 4 3
    1x5 Deadlift 85

Comments: adding weight on deadlift and squat, not on bench press

Quote Originally Posted by Per View Post
    The workout took forever, had to wait for some guys who curled in the powe rrack. And when I powercleaned a guy decided to stand next to me and pose. Fucking annoying people at my gym
    Thought about a home gym?

Don't use mixed grip till you seriously can't hold onto the bar with chalk and a death-grip. Chalk is key. Don't ask if you're allowed to use it at your gym, just use it.

Also, is it okay if I read your log with that playful svveeeedish accent that's portrayed in movies (ie, Supertroopers? "I vant von!" "Iz dare sumsing I con do for you?")

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Per View Post
    Ask them politely "Have you got many sets left?" Then pull up a bench and sit 5 feet away and stare them down till they move out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast