starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kansas Starting Stength Camp 12 Dec

Default Kansas Starting Stength Camp 12 Dec

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Any mid-westerners looking to get some Starting Strength goodness?

12 DEC and 30 JAN, but the 12 DEC is going to be discounted to $125.

Check the board for the Starting Strength Tactical Athlete Camp in Leavenworth, Kansas. Will cover the squat, bench press, and deadlift, and discuss lots of great topics relevant to police, military, fire, rescue, etc...

http://aasgaardco.com/store/store.ph...on=show_detail

Only have room for 12 lifters...

See you there!

Damon

Any questions, just email me or Stef:
    gabriel.wells@us.army.mil

Looks like a great day! I can't make 12 DEC, but plan to attend 30 JAN. Thanks for putting this on so us Kansans and mid-westerners can get some great instruction and training. Look forward to meeting in JAN.

Sounds great. See you there.

Ryan Long Guest

I highly recommend training with Damon for anyone out their from rank novice to elite powerlifter.

I trained with him for 5 months last year. During that time I trusted him for all programming and he obviously did all my technique/mechanics coaching (can't watch yourself very effectively in real time). Damon helped me put 150 pounds on my squat, 100pounds on my deadlift, 50 pounds on my bench, and I gained 15-20 pounds of bodyweight (I'm very variable from morning to night). I couldn't recommend Damon more highly. He not only has a great understanding of the physiology and biomechanics behind the lifts but he's a hell of a psychiatrist too! Seriously, he knows when to coddle you and when to kick your ass and is equally good at both.

Training with Damon for the day is easily worth weeks/months of training with anyone else. (except maybe of course Rip and his other staff members)

Wow. Who can argue with that? Thanks, Ryan.

Let me clear this up. The camp is basically a mini seminar, in which we will cover the squat, bench press, and deadlift. There are a couple of hours before and after the exercises to discuss basic physiology and things that help you understand the exercises and we'll discuss some programming issues and other interesting topics.

The discussion portion will have a tactical slant to it, as the majority of my experience has been from taking programs and applying them to my personal endeavors.

It is still, however, appropriate for any lifter that is interested in some solid basic instruction on the big 3 lifts. You don't have to be a "tactical athlete."

And, I knocked the price down to $125 so you could buy me a present for X-mas.

The camp went really well. Only had three people hard enough to brave the sub-zero wind chill to come out, so they got plenty of direct coaching. Had one hit a Deadlift PR at the camp. Very nice.

I'm really happy you're putting this on. I'm planning on attending on the 30th of Jan.

Good deal, we'll see you then.

starting strength coach development program
    Any chance of video for those of us non midwesterners?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast