starting strength gym

Thread: Fighting against strength decrease

Default Fighting against strength decrease

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    As training once a week doesn't feel like following Starting Strength, the log started in this thread continues here from now on.

Main reason for the infrequent training is that my seven-week old son is now getting most of that time which was earlier spent for training. Secondary reason is that I've cut my weight a bit for the rec hockey season and I feel that I move now much better without so much extra on the belt. Even the strength is decreased a bit as well. So, I am going to continue cutting and getting back on the SS when season is finished and I can support training by eating according the well-known recommendations.

The goal for the upcoming months is to keep strength at some level by training "SS like" 1-2 times/week. A short SS period with aggressive eating could take place around March-May and hopefully then proceeding to some intermediate program.

Sun 14th November 2010

Squat - 100 kg x 5, 90 kg x 5/5
    Bench - 70 kg x 5/5/5
    Power Clean - 70 kg x 5/5/5/5/5

Sun 21st November 2010
    BW@morning 114 kg

Squat - 90 kg x 5/5/5
    Press - 50 kg x 5/5/6
    Deadlift - 150 kg x 5 (R sup.)

Wed 24th November 2010

Power Clean - 72,5 kg x 5/5/5/5/5/5/5/5
    Bench - 70 kg x 5/5/8

Short and compact session. Cleans on 3 min clock, last set was easier than first. Benching was hard, couldn't go to max effort on last set without spotters or safety bars.