starting strength gym

Thread: Willhu12's "Big 3", Intermeidiate, 3rd times a charm training log.

Default Willhu12's "Big 3", Intermeidiate, 3rd times a charm training log.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    No time to explain, but today's workout:

MON 06/12/2010

Clean - 40 45 50 55 60 (x5 reps)
    Bench - 40 50 60 70 80 (x5 reps)
    Squat - 65 75 85 95 105 (x 5 reps)

Stretch off and foam roll

This is heavy day, weights in kgs.

Everything was fine today

Are you on your 3rd program in 5 months? Didn't it take you a month just to get on the SS program to begin with?

Honest question - what are you finding is wrong with Rip's program and (I think you were doing) Dan John's program? What do you expect Big 3 to do for you that the others have not?

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaMatt View Post
    Are you on your 3rd program in 5 months? Didn't it take you a month just to get on the SS program to begin with?

Honest question - what are you finding is wrong with Rip's program and (I think you were doing) Dan John's program? What do you expect Big 3 to do for you that the others have not?
    I was on SS from October 2009 till around October this year, when I could not increase weight any further. So I haven't a clue where you think it took me a month to do SS?

I went on to an intermed. program which was a combination of Starr/John and a few other guys work.

I decided not to do that program, and focus on getting the 3 main lifts up. Then move onto pressing and snatching too.

What does the Big 3 have? It's what it DOESN'T have. The lack of volume which the other programs had makes recovery easier for me, time less of an issue, etc. I was finally able to bench 80kg for five the other day, becuase I had cut out so much crap and not squatted first (more energy to perform the lift).

I'm glad this new one has potential for you. Keep a good log, I'm interested in how it goes.

Your join date here is June 2010, so I thought you just started learning about SS at that point and I seemed to recall you were dead set on not doing the program (as written) for the first month you were using this forum. Sorry if I've got the wrong guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaMatt View Post
    I'm glad this new one has potential for you. Keep a good log, I'm interested in how it goes.

Your join date here is June 2010, so I thought you just started learning about SS at that point and I seemed to recall you were dead set on not doing the program (as written) for the first month you were using this forum. Sorry if I've got the wrong guy.
    I did have dips/chins in my SS log. That may be why.

starting strength coach development program
    WEDS 08/12/10

Cleans - 30 35 40 45 50
    Bench - 20 30 40 50 60
    Squats - 45 55 65 75 85