starting strength gym

Thread: Usmc afghanistan training log

Default Usmc afghanistan training log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Greetings from Afghanistan all, I'm on a small company outpost here in Helmand province and I seemed to draw the short stick at night watch officer, so Im officially a vampire, working from 7pm to 7am. We have a small gym, that's to say a bunch of dumbbells,a barbell with varying plates and a dip and pullup station that can double as a squat rack all outside under some cammie netting.

I plan to do the following before my shift 3x a week, recovery with diet and sleep will be tough but GOMAD and true novice progression will just have to wait till I'm stateside.

MON:
    SQ
    DIPS
    PULLUPS

WED
    PRESS
    DEADLIFT

FRI
    SQ
    DIPS
    PULLUPS

Dips and Pullups will become weighted soon after 3x10 is achieved BW.

My log for 12/27 is this:
    SQ: #95X5X3
    DIPS:BWX8, 8
    PULLUPS: Density training 2 reps every 30 seconds for 10 sets

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about any of the physiology stuff, but it may be worth asking on the forum about pressing thrice weekly in the absence of benching.

In fact, I just found this:

http://startingstrength.com/resource...t=19770&page=1
    Last edited by aron; 12-28-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Hey all, Afghan is still cold and afghans still shooting at us, guess not much has changed in a thousand years.

WEDNESDAY 29DEC:
    PR:
    #95X5X2
    DL:
    #185X5

I'm thinking I'm only going to make jumps weekly on sq with lack of recovery, that and probably going to have to see about ordering some 2.5lb plates so I can make smaller jumps
    -Tom

Minnesota Raised, Live in California now.

Hey man, stay safe and eat lots of them UGR's to keep your strength up. I was with 3/7 as EOD support (Sangin AO) up until just a few months ago and that's when I started the program. If you've got a barbell it can be done. Stay safe and try not to eat anything the ANA cook up!