starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: yeaaa my training log

Default yeaaa my training log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Have had a rough year, and I am back into linear progression now trying to get my numbers UP!

3/23/12

Squat-335 3x5
    Overhead Press- 162.5
    Deadlift -395 1x5
    Bench Press- last workout 155 (nursing shoulder)
    Dips, BW, 3 x 8-10 reps give or take
    Chin ups- cant do em right now, fat fucked myself LOL

I am at 6'0 and after not training and all my stress in the last year I have kinda fat fucked myself up to 245-250. I honestly don't look all that fat so I was shocked to see the scale at that weight, however my back and legs are pretty darn muscular. Definately have to work on upper body, it is a priority now.
    Last edited by njs23; 03-23-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: twas old. updated for new goals.

Well I didn't adhere to the program, I am going down to my unc's gym on monday and he's gonna show me what's up with the power clean, as I've never done them and want to get 'em down real proper. Anyways today's workout was

Squat - 270 3 x 5
    Bench Press- 185 3 x 5
    Barbell Rows- 115 3 x 5 (first time doin 'em....felt I could do quite a bit more but wanted form to be down..)

I'll try and remember to drop in on your log every so often. Nice to have another local boy around on this site!

well, I never followed through on this log, started logging in an app on my phone. Might as well start one back up here though.

Wednesday workout:
    squat- 335 lbs 3x5 These felt pretty good, think I have some more in me before going intermediate with squat programming. Might go 3x3 for awhile though.

Bench Press- 155- 2x5, 1x 9 Just getting back into these, they felt easy but after my shoulder felt numb.

Tricep extensions- 80 lbs, 1x14,1x 12, 1x 11. I love these

This last year has been by far the worst year of my life, with legal problems, seperation from wife, etc. training suffered greatly, but since Feb. 9 I have not missed a workout, and am trying to get all I can out of linear progression. I have quit drinking which was a problem for me, and lifting is a huge focus for me now. My numbers from gettin em up the last month are

Squat-335 3x5
    Deadlift-395 1x5 Going for 405 today!!
    Overhead Press- 162.5 3x5 Going for 165 today
    bench press- am just now getting back into after finding some shoulder-helping exercises

The last couple days I have been doing very light dumbbell rows and cuban presses at 40-50 reps each, and I can seriously already feel my shoulder getting better. I have never been happy with my bench press and am so desperate to get it up. I KNOW I could beast out a high bench in time, it's just a matter of taking care of my right shoulder.

Yeaaaah!!! got the 8 plate deadlift, and it went up nice. Had a pretty damn good workout today.

Squat- 340 3x3 (decided to do 3's for a bit and see how I like em)
    Overhead Press- 155 3x5
    Deadlift- 405 1x4. Regret not going for a fifth rep, but there's always next time.

For my OHP I brought it down to 155 today to work on hammering down my form and microload back up..I move my legs ever so slightly, a lot like this guy does for his first two reps in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyrCYbxEUkE

It's definetely not a push press, but is that form ok looking? (I know his third rep is an obvious push press)? hmmm

was feeling saucy, so just did: 3 sets of weighted push ups bw + 15 lbs 1x10, bw + 30 lbs 2x8

Quote Originally Posted by njs23 View Post
    Yeaaaah!!! got the 8 plate deadlift, and it went up nice. Had a pretty damn good workout today
    4 plates per side is pretty cool, isn't it!

Congradulations.

Quote Originally Posted by njs23;415343
    For my OHP I brought it down to 155 today to work on hammering down my form and microload back up..I move my legs ever so slightly, a lot like this guy does for his first two reps in this video: [url
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyrCYbxEUkE[/url]

It's definetely not a push press, but is that form ok looking? (I know his third rep is an obvious push press)? hmmm
    I can't see his legs but he dips quite a bit on the first two reps and dips even more on the third. All three are push presses in my eyes. Take a look at Rip's training info here and here. The lay back and hip snap are more subtle and you'll notice far less of the vertical bobbing that are in the sample video.

starting strength coach development program
    Oldster: Thanks! Yeah feels good to break 400 lbs for reps. Now for 500!

bob g: Yeah, I see your point. I think I may go down to 140-145 or so and make sure my form is strict.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast