starting strength gym

Thread: Just read Strong Enough?....

Default Just read Strong Enough?....

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Rip,

My brother purchased Strong Enough for me as a stocking stuffer for Christmas. I read the entire book over the last couple days. - Its very good - an incredibly enjoyable read, and full of just plain old' Rip logic.

You have a way of communicating things that we "darksiders" already know, but you convey them in ways that are so efficient, simple, and logical, that they are utterly impossble to refute - which makes stealing your arguments and using them with our co-workers/ coaches/ family/ etc all the more appealing. :-)

Well done. I have purchased 6 or 7 copies each of SS and PP for my coworkers at the gym and for the guys I coach with, and I'm certain I will be doing the same with Strong Enough. (BTW, I'm still pretty proud of my first edition, first printing of SS signed by you, when you and I did our interview nearly a decade ago now - incredible how time flies).

I need to order a copy of Mean Ole' Mr Gravity - I would think it would make for some fun conversations and comedic relief at the gym. Its the only one of yours I haven't read numerous times.

Happy New Year!

Matt

Thanks for the kind words, Matt. Your opinion is important to me, because you and your gym represent what we're all working to increase the supply of. I'm proud to be associated with you.

That particular book is what prompted me to buy the other books (SS2, PPST2) and begin the program. There is a virtual ton of information on the web from a multitude of sources... some are relevant, many others are not. Unless you have the experience and knowledge to know better, it's pretty much impossible to sort the wheat from the chaff... if you already knew better then why would you be searching for answers to begin with? In Strong Enough? Rip cuts through the bullshit and lays out the reasons for how and why Starting Strength was developed. It's a very interesting and informative read as Matt has attested to in his post above. My only complaint is that the author didn't write these 20 years ago!