starting strength gym

Thread: Shoulder issue

Default Shoulder issue

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip,
    Basically i injured my shoulder about 6 weeks or so ago doing the overhead press whilst running 5/3/1 with singles. I'm not sure what the issue is but i had pain in my shoulder. I carried on squatting and deadlifting for a bit, then over christmas period for about 3 weeks i stopped lifting alltogether to let it heal with rehab work twice a week. I decided to do starting strength now and start light to ease back into lifting. Today i benched 3x5x65kg(my PR before being injured was 77.5kgx5). I felt no pain during the benching, however i can feel discomfort in my shoulder anytime i tense. The pain isn't all that much (probably a 3-4/10). I'm just wondering if it would be okay to carry on lifting as i felt no pain whilst benching. I havn't tried pressing with it yet...
    Thanks for your time and i appreciate the time you put into this forum to help the community

sorry for the essay!
    Rick

That would depend on the nature of your injury, which I cannot diagnose from here, if at all.

Alright, thanks for taking the time to respond anyway, you're obviously a busy guy. If it helps i did try to diagnose it myself. I feel no pain whastoever doing rotator cuff movements or lateral raises, i feel a little pain doing front raises and dumbell press and military pressing. I think it's the front delt but i don't think it's anything too serious, maybe a pull or a strain.