starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ME Black Box to Starting Strength

Default ME Black Box to Starting Strength

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I feel I'm going to get slammed but I think my questions is original enough. So here goes:

I have been doing Black Box for a little over a year. I would like to follow Rip's program. This may be a stupid question because I'm not a beginner in the strict sense, yet I have been training for only about 20 months.

Wondering if starting the 5x5 linear progressions of Starting Strength is something I should do?

36/M/235

Bench 305
    Squat 350
    Dlift 550
    P Snatch 155
    Press 190
    Power Clean 215
    Front Squat 225

Caquin

I guess you'd better break down and actually read the book, because 5x5 is not what we use for a linear progression.

Point taken.

I purchased the book, but it has taken the back seat to Nietzsche and Wittgenstein for the last 7 months.
    I will read.

Nietzsche, as ballsy as he was, did not know much about barbell training.

Nietzsche sucks, barbells do not

WOD is dead.

Der Nietchsmeister is a piece of cake compared to trying to figure out what the FUCK Kant was ever talking about. I can read and speak German and I never could decrypt what that sausage-eating so and so was trying to say.

According to the numbers you posted you lift heavy weights. That takes care of the physical. You spend your time away from the weights reading heavy philosophy. That takes care of the mental. So, is it mere survival that motivates you to do these things, or is it Will To Power?

Nietzsche himself railed against philosophers who sat on their asses too much and said something to the effect that all his thoughts that were worth anything came to him while exerting himself physically (mainly rigorous hiking in the Alps). Wittgenstein was no slouch, either. He worked on his first philosophical masterpiece in the trenches of WWI and I think he quit Cambridge to go teach children in the Alps where he had a rougher reputation as an educator than Rip, known for caning and pulling the hair of his students when things got especially intense during Algebra. A good dose of the Starting Strength program would - in all seriousness - most likely complement your studies quite nicely.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronan the Barbarian View Post
    WOD is dead.
    Outstanding.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast