starting strength gym

Thread: Kansas SSC Recap

Default Kansas SSC Recap

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Kansas SSC 30 JAN.JPGThis was a great seminar with some outstanding folks. Had time to dive into many great questions, and attendees ranged from Crossfit gym owners to novice trainees recovering from a serious back injury/surgery. I'd like to say thanks to the whole crew: Jeff, Preston, Nick, Joe F.(good luck at your meet!), Joe H., David, and Megan (a true powerhouse!).

This was a very informative event, well worth the money and the icy drive back to Omaha the following day. It was also very timely for me as I've got my first powerlifting meet coming up in a few weeks, and this was the first opportunity I've had to get instruction from someone well versed in the Starting Strength method. I didn't try for any PRs, but only because I had form issues to address on each of the lifts we covered and I was concentrating on that. I did match my previous best on the bench press, and applying Damon's advice made it feel far easier than it did the first time. I had been struggling to make any progress on the bench for some time, and now I feel like I'll be able to push quite a bit further. Damon answered all of our questions thoughtfully and offered to answer any we had after the seminar via e-mail. I doubt anyone could come away from an event like this not feeling good about it. I got a lot of benefit out of it and would encourage anyone who has an opportunity to attend one of Damon's events to do so.